Theme Songs to “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”’s 5th Season to be Performed by nano.RIPE, Mai Fuchigami
The official theme song artists for the upcoming fifth season of Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma was revealed this Monday in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. Japanese pop rock duo nano.RIPE will perform the series’ new opening theme song entitled “Last Chapter”, while voice actress and singer Mai Fuchigami will perform “Crossing Road”, season 5’s ending theme song.
nano.RIPE has sung past theme songs for the Food Wars! franchise, as they were the ones who performed the ending themes for seasons two to four of the series. Mai Fuchigami, on the other hand, has previously performed theme songs to anime such as Planet With and Outbreak Company.
The fifth season is entitled Shokugeki no Soma: Go no Sara (Strong Plate, with the “go” a pun on the Japanese word meaning “five”), and is set for an April 2020 premiere.
While the manga has already ended its run in the Weekly Shonen Jump, the series released three more chapters in another magazine, Jump Giga. The three new chapters were collectively called Shokugeki no Soma: Le dessert, and ran starting June 27.
Viz Media, which holds the manga’s distribution rights in English, describes the series as such:
”Soma Yukihira’s old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father’s culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school!
Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10 percent graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!”
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma is written by Yuto Tsukuda, with illustrations by Shun Saeki. It was first serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump in November 2012. The series received an anime adaptation from JC Staff, with the first season airing from April to September 2015 and the second season airing from July to September 2016. The third season was divided into two cours and was released from October to December 2017 and from April to June 2018. The series’ fourth season, Shokugeki no Soma: Shin no Sara (The Fourth Plate) aired from October to December 2019.
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!