Theme Songs to “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”’s 5th Season to be Performed by nano.RIPE, Mai Fuchigami
The official theme song artists for the upcoming fifth season of Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma was revealed this Monday in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. Japanese pop rock duo nano.RIPE will perform the series’ new opening theme song entitled “Last Chapter”, while voice actress and singer Mai Fuchigami will perform “Crossing Road”, season 5’s ending theme song.
nano.RIPE has sung past theme songs for the Food Wars! franchise, as they were the ones who performed the ending themes for seasons two to four of the series. Mai Fuchigami, on the other hand, has previously performed theme songs to anime such as Planet With and Outbreak Company.
The fifth season is entitled Shokugeki no Soma: Go no Sara (Strong Plate, with the “go” a pun on the Japanese word meaning “five”), and is set for an April 2020 premiere.
While the manga has already ended its run in the Weekly Shonen Jump, the series released three more chapters in another magazine, Jump Giga. The three new chapters were collectively called Shokugeki no Soma: Le dessert, and ran starting June 27.
Viz Media, which holds the manga’s distribution rights in English, describes the series as such:
”Soma Yukihira’s old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father’s culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school!
Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10 percent graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!”
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma is written by Yuto Tsukuda, with illustrations by Shun Saeki. It was first serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump in November 2012. The series received an anime adaptation from JC Staff, with the first season airing from April to September 2015 and the second season airing from July to September 2016. The third season was divided into two cours and was released from October to December 2017 and from April to June 2018. The series’ fourth season, Shokugeki no Soma: Shin no Sara (The Fourth Plate) aired from October to December 2019.
Source: Anime News Network
- “Domestic Girlfriend” Manga Set to End with Volume 28
- New Celebratory Visual Released for 5th Anniversary of “Sound! Euphonium” Series
- Season 3 of “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Delayed
- Premiere of Second Half of “No Guns Life” Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”