The official website of the currently-running Shin Chuka Ichiban!, or better known to English-language fans as Cooking Master Boy, just announced this Friday that voice actor Nobuhiko Okamoto is set to join the cast. Okamoto will voice Sanche, the son of a family who runs an esteemed restaurant in Shanghai.
Since his debut as a voice actor in 2006, Okamoto has voiced prominent characters such as Bakugo from My Hero Academia, Ghiaccio in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Yuu Nishinoya from Haikyu, among others.
Cooking Master Boy has been airing in Japan since October 11. The opening theme of the series, “Kofuku-ron” is performed by Qaijff. The ending theme, ”Paradigm Shift”, is performed by Brian the Sun.
The all-new Cooking Master Boy is directed by Itsuro Kawasaki, who directed all seasons of Cardfight!! Vanguard. Kawasaki is also overseeing the scripts. Saki Hasegawa (Seraph of the End: Battle of Nagoya) is handling character design. The remake is produced by NAS, with animation done by Production I.G.
Cooking Master Boy is a manga series by Etsushi Ogawa, which was serialized in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine from 1995 to 1999. In 1997 it was adapted into an anime series. The manga tells the story of Liu Mao Xing, whose mother Pai was known throughout China as the “Fairy of Cuisine”. Anime News Network further describes Cooking Master Boy’s story as such:
“The manga is set during a fictitious 19th century China, where chefs from all over China competed in culinary tests of ability, and being a master chef granted one respect and authority. The story centers on Liu Mao Xing, a young chef from Szechuan province who learns cooking from his mother. After saving his mother’s restaurant, Mao goes on a journey to become a Super Chef, battling other chefs with other cooking styles along the way, and contending with the conspiracies of the Dark Cooking Society.”
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub
- ‘Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution’ will be Added on Netflix on February 27
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings