Fresh details have just been served to us on the upcoming remake of OG cooking anime series Shin Chuka Ichiban! (“The True Best Cuisine in China!”) or known to us English-speakers as Cooking Master Boy. First off, we get the names of the main cast. Check it out below!
• Natsumi Fujiwara as Mao
• Ai Kayano as Mei Li
• Yukiyo Fujii as Zhi Lao
• Yuichi Nakamura as Xi Er
• Tomokazu Sugita as Li Wen
• Junya Enoki as Fei
• Yoshimitsu Shimomaya as Chouyu
• Shinpachi Tsuji as Ruoh
• Keiichi Nakagawa as Shouan
• Yūko Kaida as Shan
The opening theme of the series will be ”Kofuku-ron” to be performed by Qaijff. The ending theme, ”Paradigm Shift”, will be performed by Brian the Sun. The remake is set to air on October 11, during the “Animeism” time block for TBS, MBS, and BS-TBS.
A new teaser visual was also released.
The all-new Cooking Master Boy will be directed by Itsuro Kawasaki, who directed all seasons of Cardfight!! Vanguard. Kawasaki will also oversee the scripts. Saki Hasegawa (Seraph of the End: Battle of Nagoya) will be handling character design. The remake will be produced by NAS, with animation to be done by Production I.G.
Etsushi Ogawa’s manga, which was adapted into an anime series in 1997, tells the story of Liu Mao Xing, whose mother Pai was known throughout China as the “Fairy of Cuisine”. Anime News Network further describes Cooking Master Boy’s story as such:
“The manga is set during a fictitious 19th century China, where chefs from all over China competed in culinary tests of ability, and being a master chef granted one respect and authority. The story centers on Liu Mao Xing, a young chef from Szechuan province who learns cooking from his mother. After saving his mother’s restaurant, Mao goes on a journey to become a Super Chef, battling other chefs with other cooking styles along the way, and contending with the conspiracies of the Dark Cooking Society.”
Source: Crunchyroll News
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts
- New Details Including Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- Kyoto Animation Reschedules Premiere of Violet Evergarden Movie to April 24
- February Theatrical Screenings & Theme Song Artist Announced for New “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi” Anime
- Katsuki Bakugo Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto Joins Cast of “Cooking Master Boy” Remake
- Smartphone Game LovePlus EVERY’s Delay is Caused by Clothing-Destroying Bug
- TOEI Spider-Man Confirmed to have an Appearance in Spider-Verse Sequel