A super major dose of nostalgia coming right up: K-ON’s Houkago Tea Time band recently reunited onstage! Their surprise reunion happened on September 1, during the last day of the yearly Animelo Summer Live. Needless to say, anime fans in attendance were shook, and according to numerous fan accounts, the group receive thunderous applause from everyone in the venue.
Houkago Tea Time or HTT for short sang two songs during their performance: the anime’s first ED ”don’t say ‘Lazy’” and the first OP, ”GO! GO! MANIAC”. Their last performance together as as a group was way back 2011, in the K-ON!! Live Concert: Come With Me!! held at the Saitama Super Arena.
Their reunion performance appeared to be an emotional one, as Satomi Satou (VA of Ritsu Tainaka) was heard consoling Youko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama) and telling her ”Mio, don’t cry” as they finished their performance.
Houkago Tea Time is composed of the voice actresses of the main characters: Aki Toyosaki (VA of Yui Hirasawa), Yoko Hikasa (VA of Mio Akiyama), Satomi Satou (VA of Ritsu Tainaka), Minako Kotobuki (VA of Tsumugi Kotobuki) and Ayana Taketatsu (VA of Asuza Nakano). The members opened their surprise appearance on the Anisama stage with their signature lines as their characters, with Yui’s VA Aki Toyosaki saying to the crowd, “Sorry to keep you waiting!”
Ayana Taketatsu also posted pictures of HTT after their Anisama performance on her Twitter account, thanking fans for the warm welcome they received. Check out her tweet here!
K-ON! was first released as a four-panel comic strip in 2007 and was written and illustrated by Kakifly. In 2009, Kyoto Animation adapted K-ON! into an anime series—and the rest is anime history. It was the most popular anime during its time—and endured for the years to come—with their soundtrack CDs consistent entries in music charts, sold-out merchandise, and the franchise helping drum up tourism for its real-life locations. It also cemented the moe anime trope since then, i.e., cute girls doing cute things. It was also one of Kyoto Animation’s first-ever hits, helping them secure their place in the industry.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’tsNov 14, 10pmThis week, I have decided to write about things that may be essential for those who are first-timers in attending anime and hobby conventions. Even as 2019 is almost ending, it is expected that a few conventions might be happening in your state or in the city next to you very soon.
Beginner’s Guide to Starting CosplayersNov 15, 12amCosplay is just one awesome way to express your love for a certain character from any series or franchise. Some have been in this hobby for years, while there is still a lot still finding the right timing to start out and just have fun in a convention or photoshoot.
- ‘Monster Hunter’ VR Hunt and ‘Attack on Titan’ Roller Coaster to Open at Universal Studios Japan!
- Beginner’s Guide to Starting Cosplayers
- Editor of ‘One Piece’ Confirms on Creator’s Statement of Manga Ending in 5 Years
- Attending Your First Convention – Dos and Don’ts
- “One Piece Stampede” Film’s English Dub Cast Revealed to Have Been Chosen by Author Eiichiro Oda Himself
- Anime NYC to Screen 1st Two Episodes of “Magia Record”, Madoka VA & SHAFT President Set to Attend
- New Color Visual, Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for Upcoming Film for Boys-Love Anime “Given”
- The ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign is an Example That Fan Feedback Matters
- New Main Visual & Teaser Video Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- Summer 2020 Premiere of New “Free!” Movie Delayed Indefinitely
- New Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Finally Debuts Sonic Redesign
- Meeting Your Idol for the First Time – Dos and Don’ts
- New Details Including Spring 2020 Premiere Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- Kyoto Animation Reschedules Premiere of Violet Evergarden Movie to April 24
- February Theatrical Screenings & Theme Song Artist Announced for New “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi” Anime
- Katsuki Bakugo Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto Joins Cast of “Cooking Master Boy” Remake
- Smartphone Game LovePlus EVERY’s Delay is Caused by Clothing-Destroying Bug
- TOEI Spider-Man Confirmed to have an Appearance in Spider-Verse Sequel