A new promotional video for upcoming anime Houkago Saikoro Club (“Afterschool Dice Club”) was released this Friday. The new PV previews the anime’s OP theme song, Present Moment, which was sung by Miyu Tomita. Tomita is also part of the anime’s main cast. Check out the PV below!
The PV also revealed the anime’s October 2 premiere date on the ABC TV channel, and October 3 on Tokyo MX and BS11.
A new visual was also revealed for the anime.
The main cast of the anime are:
• Marika Kono as main protagonist Aya, a transfer student at an all-girls school in Kyoto
• Saki Miyashita as the introvert Miki, who becomes Aya’s first friend in her new school
• Miyu Tomita as Midori, the class representative of Aya’s class
• Takaya Kuroda as Takeru Kinjo, who manages the board game café “Saikoro Club”
• M.A.O. as German transfer student Emilia
Houkago Saikoro Club will be directed by Kenichi Imaizumi, who also directed anime series such as Komori-san Can’t Decline and Reborn!. Series composition will be done by Atsushi Maekawa (Prince of Tennis, Hunter x Hunter) while character design is helmed by Yukiko Ibe (Magical Girl Ore, Onigiri). Music will be composed by Shuji Katayama (Overlord, Saga of Tanya the Evil). The anime series will be produced and animated by LIDEN FILMS.
While the OP will be performed by Miyu Tomita alone, in the ED theme Tomita will be joined by two other cast members: Saki Miyashita and Marika Kono.
Houkago Saikoro Club is a manga series written by Hiro Nakamichi, which was first serialized in the Monthly Shonen Sunday in March 2013. Anime News Network describes the manga’s story as such:
”The manga centers on Aya, who moves and starts to attend an all-girls high school in Kyoto. Her first friend is her reserved classmate Miki. After school one day, the committee chairwoman Midori takes them both to an analogue game specialty shop called “Saikoro Club” (Dice Club). There, they start playing a German board game without thinking. Thus begins Aya and Miki’s search for fun through the world of analogue games.”
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”