A new promotional video for upcoming anime Houkago Saikoro Club (“Afterschool Dice Club”) was released this Friday. The new PV previews the anime’s OP theme song, Present Moment, which was sung by Miyu Tomita. Tomita is also part of the anime’s main cast. Check out the PV below!
The PV also revealed the anime’s October 2 premiere date on the ABC TV channel, and October 3 on Tokyo MX and BS11.
A new visual was also revealed for the anime.
The main cast of the anime are:
• Marika Kono as main protagonist Aya, a transfer student at an all-girls school in Kyoto
• Saki Miyashita as the introvert Miki, who becomes Aya’s first friend in her new school
• Miyu Tomita as Midori, the class representative of Aya’s class
• Takaya Kuroda as Takeru Kinjo, who manages the board game café “Saikoro Club”
• M.A.O. as German transfer student Emilia
Houkago Saikoro Club will be directed by Kenichi Imaizumi, who also directed anime series such as Komori-san Can’t Decline and Reborn!. Series composition will be done by Atsushi Maekawa (Prince of Tennis, Hunter x Hunter) while character design is helmed by Yukiko Ibe (Magical Girl Ore, Onigiri). Music will be composed by Shuji Katayama (Overlord, Saga of Tanya the Evil). The anime series will be produced and animated by LIDEN FILMS.
While the OP will be performed by Miyu Tomita alone, in the ED theme Tomita will be joined by two other cast members: Saki Miyashita and Marika Kono.
Houkago Saikoro Club is a manga series written by Hiro Nakamichi, which was first serialized in the Monthly Shonen Sunday in March 2013. Anime News Network describes the manga’s story as such:
”The manga centers on Aya, who moves and starts to attend an all-girls high school in Kyoto. Her first friend is her reserved classmate Miki. After school one day, the committee chairwoman Midori takes them both to an analogue game specialty shop called “Saikoro Club” (Dice Club). There, they start playing a German board game without thinking. Thus begins Aya and Miki’s search for fun through the world of analogue games.”
Source: Anime News Network
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation
- Ai Morinaga, Manga Author of “Yamada Taro Monogatari”, “Your & My Secret” Passes Away
- New Visual, OP Preview, and Premiere Date Released for “Houkago Saikoro Club”
- Uniqlo Releases Full Line of Shirts for Its Collaboration With Sailor Moon
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda Posts Message About Newest One Piece Film in Three Languages
- Anime Films “Doraemon” and “Butt Detective” Latest Victims of the Japan-South Korea Trade War
- Hajime no Ippo Gets First Stage Play, Will Be Written & Directed by Ippo’s Original VA in the Anime Series