Take out some tissues, friends, and prepare for all the feels: the official title, teaser images and trailer were just revealed for the upcoming Digimon 20th anniversary film. It was previously reported on this site that the then-tentatively titled Digimon Adventure the Movie will follow the original DigiDestined at age 22, their ages in line with the franchise’s anniversary (Digimon was created in 1997, with the anime series launched two years later).
Now it was just announced that the 20th anniversary film will be entitled Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution – Kizuna - (kizuna directly translates to “bonds” in English). The 50-second teaser trailer, which you can check out below, features Agumon walking behind a now obviously older Taichi, worriedly asking him a question that’s sure to tug at your kid-at-heart feels: ”Taichi, will we still be together?” The now-older Taichi then assuages his beloved Digimon with the answer: ”We’ll always be together, Agumon.” At the end of the trailer, the two shout together, ”This will be our last adventure!”
A teaser poster was also released for the film, which indicates Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution
Kizuna’s February 21, 2020 premiere in Japan. The premiere date is just a month before the 20th anniversary of the original series’ finale episode.
The film will be directed by Tomohisa Taguchi (Kino’s Journey – the Beautiful World -), with the script to be penned by Akatsuki Yamatoya (Gintama). Yamatoya wrote the scripts for Digimon Adventure and for later seasons as well.
Launched in 1997, Digimon was conceived by Bandai, Toei Animation and Wiz to capitalize on the Tamagotchi craze. An anime series was launched in 1999 about a group of children called the DigiDestined who were sent to the Digimon world to fight evil creatures. The franchise has since spawned several series and films.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”