Get ready for more epic cooking battles and the much-awaited culmination of the Central arc, as Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma has been confirmed to return for a fourth season! The announcement was made in the 29th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, along with a new visual for the fourth season. Check it out below!
The fourth season will be entitled Shokugeki no Soma: Shin no Sara (The Plate of God). While no exact date has been announced as of this writing, the announcement stated that the fourth season will premiere on October of this year.
Warner Bros., which holds the English distribution rights for the anime, released a recap video of the past seasons that also served as a teaser PV to Shokugeki no Soma’s 4th season.
While the manga has already ended its run in the Weekly Shonen Jump, it was also announced that the series will release three more chapters in another magazine, Jump Giga. The three new chapters will be collectively called Shokugeki no Soma: Le dessert, and will run starting June 27.
Viz Media, which holds the manga’s distribution rights in English, describes the series as such:
”Soma Yukihira’s old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father’s culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school!
Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10 percent graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!”
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma is written by Yuto Tsukuda, with illustrations by Shun Saeki. It was first serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump in November 2012, with 35 tankobon volumes already released so far by Shueisha. The series received an anime adaptation from JC Staff, with the first season airing from April to September 2015 and the second season airing from July to September 2016. The third season was divided into two cours and was released from October to December 2017 and from April to June 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido