A new commercial posted on the official Seven Deadly Sins website reveals the anime’s theme song artists for the new Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgment series. Check out the video here!
The video previews the opening theme song Hikari Are (Let There Be Light) by Akihito Okano, vocalist of the Porno Graffiti band. The ending theme song, while not previewed in the video, is entitled time and will be a collaboration by composer Hiroyuki Sawano and ReoNa under the unit name SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:ReoNa.
The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement is slated for a January 6, 2021 release. The series is set for a Netflix worldwide release next year, with no specific date yet.
Dragon’s Judgement was originally set for an October 2020 premiere, but was delayed by the current COVID-19 pandemic. All main cast members will be returning for the new series.
The Seven Deadly Sins is a manga series written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki. The series was serialized in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine from October 2012 to March 2020, with a total of 41 tankobon volumes released.
In 2014, the manga was adapted into a 24-episode TV anime series by A1 Pictures that ran from October 2014 to March 2015. In August 2016, a four-episode TV anime special entitled The Seven Deadly Sins – Signs of the Holy War – aired in Japan. A second season entitled The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments, still with 24 episodes, was produced by A1 Pictures and ran from January to June 2018. The third season, The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods, however, was helmed by Studio DEEN and aired from October 2019 to March 2020. Netflix streamed the third season starting August 6. Previous seasons are already available on the streaming platform as well.
Kodansha Comics holds the English license release of the manga digitally and in print, and describes the story as such:
“When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth—the Sins were framed by the king’s guard, the Holy Knights—too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne! Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim the kingdom. But the first Sin she meets, Meliodas, is a little innkeeper with a talking pig. He doesn’t even have a real sword! Have the legends of the Sins’ strength been exaggerated …? Prepare to get swept away by an epic fantasy story and colorful cast of characters that will rewrite the history of manga as we know it!”
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court