A new commercial posted on the official Seven Deadly Sins website reveals the anime’s theme song artists for the new Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgment series. Check out the video here!
The video previews the opening theme song Hikari Are (Let There Be Light) by Akihito Okano, vocalist of the Porno Graffiti band. The ending theme song, while not previewed in the video, is entitled time and will be a collaboration by composer Hiroyuki Sawano and ReoNa under the unit name SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:ReoNa.
The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement is slated for a January 6, 2021 release. The series is set for a Netflix worldwide release next year, with no specific date yet.
Dragon’s Judgement was originally set for an October 2020 premiere, but was delayed by the current COVID-19 pandemic. All main cast members will be returning for the new series.
The Seven Deadly Sins is a manga series written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki. The series was serialized in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine from October 2012 to March 2020, with a total of 41 tankobon volumes released.
In 2014, the manga was adapted into a 24-episode TV anime series by A1 Pictures that ran from October 2014 to March 2015. In August 2016, a four-episode TV anime special entitled The Seven Deadly Sins – Signs of the Holy War – aired in Japan. A second season entitled The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments, still with 24 episodes, was produced by A1 Pictures and ran from January to June 2018. The third season, The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods, however, was helmed by Studio DEEN and aired from October 2019 to March 2020. Netflix streamed the third season starting August 6. Previous seasons are already available on the streaming platform as well.
Kodansha Comics holds the English license release of the manga digitally and in print, and describes the story as such:
“When they were accused of trying to overthrow the monarchy, the feared warriors the Seven Deadly Sins were sent into exile. Princess Elizabeth discovers the truth—the Sins were framed by the king’s guard, the Holy Knights—too late to prevent them from assassinating her father and seizing the throne! Now the princess is on the run, seeking the Sins to help her reclaim the kingdom. But the first Sin she meets, Meliodas, is a little innkeeper with a talking pig. He doesn’t even have a real sword! Have the legends of the Sins’ strength been exaggerated …? Prepare to get swept away by an epic fantasy story and colorful cast of characters that will rewrite the history of manga as we know it!”
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate