Good news to ardent fans of the charismatic band Roselia! An official website for the Roselia-centered BanG Dream! Episode of Roselia films announced that the first movie entitled BanG Dream! Episode of Roselia I: Yakusoku (Promise) will open in Japanese theaters on April 23, 2021. The second film, BanG Dream! Episode of Roselia II: Song I am., on the other hand, is also set to open next year as well, but a final date is yet to be announced.
Two other film projects for the franchise are also in the works: BanG Dream! FILM LIVE 2nd Stage is set to open next year as well, while BanG Dream! Poppin’ Dream! film is scheduled for a 2022 release.
The first film for the franchise, BanG Dream! FILM LIVE, premiered last September 2019 and earned more than 300 million yen (about USD 2.75 million) in just a month since its release. The film is animated by Sanzigen, the same studio that animated previous TV anime seasons of BanG Dream!. Bushiroad handled the distribution of the film.
BanG! Dream! is a multimedia franchise formed by Bushiroad in January 2015. The franchise is composed of releases in the form of manga, music CDs, live concerts, card games, a smartphone game named BanG! Dream Girls’ Band Party! developed by Craft Egg, and a TV anime series. The anime series has three seasons so far; the first aired from January to April 2017, the second ran from January to March 2019, and the third aired on January 2019.
Sentai Filmworks, which holds the English-language license for the anime, describes the first season as thus:
”When she was a child, Kasumi Toyama felt a heart-pounding thrill every time she gazed at the stars, and she’s been looking without success for something that could inspire the same feeling ever since. One day, she comes across a star-shaped guitar in a rundown pawnshop and, for the first time, discovers the thrill she’s been searching for. Kasumi becomes determined to form an all-girl band, and her search leads her to four like-minded souls: Saya, Arisa, Rimi, and Tae (all brought to life by the members of Poppin’ Party). Does this band have what it takes to make their dreams of stardom come true?”
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”