Just this Sunday, the three official Twitter accounts of popular shounen franchise My Hero Academia posted one photo each that appeared to be cropped. The first picture was from the MHA TV anime Twitter, which posted a cropped picture of Katsuki Bakugo and the words, “HE WILL ME”. The second picture, this time from the MHA film Twitter, featured Deku and the words “ET “THE THREE MU”, and the final picture from the MHA manga Twitter account features Todoroki with “SKETEERS.”
A little sleuthing by fans revealed that the three images were connected, and formed the picture below:
It is unclear if the teaser photo is for the series’ upcoming 5th season or if it is for a new anime project. The upcoming 5th season is now set for a spring 2021 premiere.
The fourth season of My Hero Academia aired last October 2019 and covered the events of the Shie Hassaikai arc of the manga, the longest arc in the series. In that arc, the students of Class 1-A learned about Hero Internships, where they will be mentored by a real Hero so that they can gain real-life experience.
Most of the original cast returned for the fourth season. New cast members previously announced were Yuto Uemura (as Tamaki Amajiki), Kiyono Yasuno (as Nejire Hado), Tarusuke Shingaki (as Mirio Togata), Shinichiro Miki (as Sir Nighteye), and Shino Shimoji (as Kaoruko Awata).
Season 4 was still directed by Kenji Nagasaki, with script written by Yosuke Kuroda and character design by Yoshihiko Umakoshi. Studio Bones will still be producing the series. No word yet on the staff for the 5th season.
My Hero Academia is a manga series written by Kohei Horikoshi, and is being serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine since 2014. It tells the story of Izuku Midoriya, who was born without a superpower or Quirk but still dreams of becoming a hero despite this. It was eventually adapted into an anime series by Bones, which premiered on April 2016. The success of the first season immediately prompted the release of a second and third season in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate