Horimiya is certainly on a roll next year, as not only will it be getting a TV anime series, the popular romcom manga is also set to receive a live-action film and a TV series as well! The film will premiere on February 5 for a limited period of one week, while the live-action TV series will premiere on February 16. The TV series was listed to have seven episodes.
Both the film and TV series will feature Oji Suzuka and Sayu Kubota as leads Miyamura and Hori, respectively. Check out their cute official visual below!
The film was announced to be a compilation of the live-action TV series’ first three episodes along with new scenes. Hana Matsumoto is directing both the film and the series, with Yoshifumi Sakai writing the scripts.
It was previously revealed that the TV anime series will premiere on January 9. The leads will be voiced by Haruka Tomatsu (Yuuki Asuna in Sword Art Online) as Hori and Kouki Uchiyama (Kei Tsukishima in Haikyu!!) as Miyamura.
Masashi Ishihama (PERSONA 5 The Animation) will be directing the TV anime series at CloverWorks. Series composition and script will be done by Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD), with character design by Haruko Iizuka (Ensemble Stars!) and music composition by Masaru Yokoyama (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans).
Yen Press holds the license for the series’ English release, and they describe Horimiya’s story as such:
“At first glance, the ultra-popular Hori-san seems like a frivolous high school girl, but in reality, she’s plain, pragmatic, and family-oriented. On the other hand, the bespectacled Miyamura-kun comes across as an average, gloomy high school fanboy, but he’s actually an attractive young man who has a bad-boy streak and is covered in piercings and tattoos. When these two unexpectedly similar classmates have a random run-in outside of the classroom, a bubbly, sweet tale of school life begins!”
Daisuke Hagiwara launched Horimiya in 2011 as a spinoff to the four-panel school comedy manga Hori-san to Miyamura-kun by HERO. Square Enix is publishing the series’ volumes in Japan, with 15 compiled volumes released so far. The original Hori-san to Miyamura-kun series had already received four OVA adaptations from 2012 to 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate