An extended promo video as well as a new main visual was recently revealed in the official website of upcoming romantic drama film Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish (Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi). The extended video previews the movie’s theme song Ao no Waltz (Blue Waltz) as well as the insert sone Shinkai by Eve. Check out the video here and the new visual below!
The film is set for a December 25 (Christmas Day!) commercial release in Japan. The film was originally scheduled to premiere last summer but was delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.
The film stars Taishi Nakagawa as male lead Tsuneo Suzukawa. He stars opposite Kaya Kiyohara, who voices Josee.
The movie is directed by Kotaro Tamura (Noragami) for studio BONES. Script is written by Sayaka Kuwamura (Strobe Edge), with original character designs by Nao Emoto (O Maidens in Your Savage Season) and animation adaptation of said designs by Haruko Iizuka (Children of the Whales). Concept design is done by Ioundraw (I want to eat your pancreas), and Evan Call (Violet Evergarden) is in charge of music composition.
The film debuted at the Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF), which was held from October 31 to November 9.
Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish was adapted from a 1985 short story by Seiko Tanabe and was published in a collection of short stories of the same title. Anime News Network describes the story as such:
“The film’s story centers on the relationship between Tsuneo and Josee. Tsuneo is a university student, and Josee is a young girl who has rarely gone out of the house by herself due to her being unable to walk. The two meet when Tsuneo finds Josee’s grandmother taking her out for a morning walk.”
Tanabe’s short story also inspired a manga adaptation that ran from January to October this year. The manga was drawn by Emoto, character designer for the film and also known for their work in O Maidens in Your Savage Season manga.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”