New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
Netflix has revealed the final trailer for the upcoming live-action adaptation of survival manga series Alice in Borderland (Imawa no Kuni no Alice). Like the previous trailer, the video is also subtitled in English. Watch it here!
A new visual was also revealed, featuring main characters Ryouhei Arisu (Kento Yamazaki) and Yuzuha Usagi (Tao Tsuchiya).
Alice in Borderland is slated for a December 10 worldwide release on Netflix.
Shinsuke Sato, director of the live-action Bleach and Kingdom, is directing Alice in Borderland for Netflix. Sato is also writing the scripts, along with Yoshiki Watabe and Yasuko Kuramitsu. ROBOT is credited for the series’ planning and production.
The manga tells the story of Ryohei Arisu, a high schooler who is bored with his life and finds the days tedious. One night, he wishes during a fireworks celebration that he live in a different world where life would be more exciting. He and his two delinquent friends Karube and Segawa are then transported to a post-apocalyptic parallel world called the Borderlands, where they must participate in survival games in order to stay alive and return to the real world. In this world they also meet Yuzuha Usagi, daughter of a mountaineer who is also a participant in the games.
Alice in Borderland is a suspense shonen manga series by Haro Aso. It was serialized in Shogakukan Shonen Sunday Super from 2010 to 2015, then moved to Weekly Shonen Sunday until its end in 2016. The manga produced two spin-off series, Chi no Kyokuchi – Daiya no King-hen, published in Weekly Shōnen Sunday from October 15, 2014 to February 4, 2015, and Alice on Borderroad, published in Shogakukan’s Monthly Sunday Gene-X from August 19, 2015 to February 19, 2018. The manga was also adapted into a three-episode OVA from 2014 to 2015, which was directed by Hideki Tachibana and produced by studio Silver Link.
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate