The official Twitter account of the TV anime adaptation of hit romcom manga Horimiya has just revealed an exact premiere date! According to the tweet, the series is scheduled to air in Japan on January 9.
Female lead Kyoko Hori will be voiced by Haruka Tomatsu (Yuuki Asuna in Sword Art Online), while male lead Izumi Miyamura will be voiced by Kouki Uchiyama (Kei Tsukishima in Haikyu!!) Other previously-revealed cast members are:
· Nobuhiko Okamoto as Kakeru Sengoku
· MAO as Remi Ayasaki
· Reina Kondo as Sakura Kouno
The series’ website has earlier announced the main staff who will be working on the upcoming series, with Masashi Ishihama (PERSONA 5 The Animation) at the helm directing the series at CloverWorks. Series composition and script will be done by Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD), with character design by Haruko Iizuka (Ensemble Stars!) and music composition by Masaru Yokoyama (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans).
Yen Press holds the license for the series’ English release, and they describe Horimiya’s story as such:
“At first glance, the ultra-popular Hori-san seems like a frivolous high school girl, but in reality, she’s plain, pragmatic, and family-oriented. On the other hand, the bespectacled Miyamura-kun comes across as an average, gloomy high school fanboy, but he’s actually an attractive young man who has a bad-boy streak and is covered in piercings and tattoos. When these two unexpectedly similar classmates have a random run-in outside of the classroom, a bubbly, sweet tale of school life begins!”
Daisuke Hagiwara launched Horimiya in 2011 as a spinoff to the four-panel school comedy manga Hori-san to Miyamura-kun by HERO. Square Enix is publishing the series’ volumes in Japan, with 15 compiled volumes released so far. The original Hori-san to Miyamura-kun series had already received four OVA adaptations from 2012 to 2018.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court