‘Pikmin 3 Deluxe’ Tops Recent Japanese Video Game Rankings!
The November 2 to 8 Japanese Video Game Rankings are a bit different as a Pikmin 3 Deluxe is currently at #1 with weekly copies sold at 67,925 with overall at 239,274 so far. Ring Fit Adventure remains at the #2 spot, while Animal Crossing: New Horizons drops to #3.
About Ring Fit Adventure (as Described by Nintendo)
Traverse grass-swept plains by jogging in place, attack enemies with overhead shoulder presses, and refill your health meter by striking some yoga poses. Two new accessories, the Ring-Con™ and Leg Strap, measure your real-world actions and help turn them into in-game movements. With additional minigames and customizable workout routines, Ring Fit Adventure is great escape for players of all skill levels and schedules.
In Adventure mode, defeat enemies with attacks based on real-world exercises as you traverse more than 100 levels in over 20 worlds. As you work through each level (and possibly work up a sweat), you’ll earn experience points. Between fights, you may encounter some unusual methods of transportation such as squat-powered launch pads. Then, pass around the Ring-Con and leg strap accessories and select from a few minigames: break boxes with gusts of air, craft pottery using squats, and more.
About Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Escape to a deserted island and create your own paradise as you explore, create, and customize in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. Your island getaway has a wealth of natural resources that can be used to craft everything from tools to creature comforts. You can hunt down insects at the crack of dawn, decorate your paradise throughout the day, or enjoy sunset on the beach while fishing in the ocean. The time of day and season match real life, so each day on your island is a chance to check in and find new surprises all year round.
Show off your island utopia to family and friends—or pack your bags and visit theirs. Whether playing online* or with others beside you**, island living is even better when you can share it. Even without hopping on a flight, you’ll meet a cast of charming animal residents bursting with personality. Friendly faces like Tom Nook and Isabelle will lend their services and happily help you grow your budding community. Escape to your island getaway—however, whenever, and wherever you want.
About Pikmin 3 Deluxe (as described by Nintendo)
Tiny creatures on a big adventure!
Grow a squad of adorable, plantlike Pikmin to traverse a strange world and save your planet
Command a capable crop of different types of Pikmin™ to strategically overcome obstacles, defeat creatures, and find food for your famished home planet! You can even bring a second player along to divvy up tasks as you explore a world that seems larger than life from a pint-sized perspective.
Pikmin at your pace
Return to your ship before time runs out, or you (and your Pikmin) could be in big trouble. If you prefer a more casual approach, a variety of difficulty settings, lock-on targeting and optional hints have been newly added. With less pressure, you have more time to strategically command your Pikmin and take in the lush scenery.
Play side-story missions, head-to-head matches and more!
This deluxe version of the Pikmin 3 game includes new side-story missions featuring Olimar and Louie, the ability to play Story mode with a friend and all DLC stages from the original release. Feeling competitive? Enjoy fierce head-to-head Bingo Battles against another player!.
- Three brave explorers land on planet PNF-404 on a mission to find food for their starving home planet. After a crash landing, these explorers must work with Pikmin to reunite and complete their mission.
- Direct, toss and grow Pikmin with different abilities and strengths—winged Pikmin can fly, while blue Pikmin can breathe underwater. By strategically choosing the right Pikmin for the job at hand and changing between the three captains (or coordinating with a second player), you can work efficiently to collect fruit and grow your Pikmin squad.
- When you aren’t busy collecting fruit and saving your planet, try out Mission mode to accomplish set requirements like defeating enemies or collecting items. You can also compare your Mission mode scores with the rest of the world via online leaderboards*. Looking for some friendly competition? In Bingo Battle you must use Pikmin to retrieve items on your bingo card before your opponent does.
- With more options for cooperative play, settings that make it easy for newcomers to start their Pikmin journey, new side stories and more, these tiny Pikmin are in for their biggest adventure yet.
- Download the Nintendo eShop demo to sample Story mode, Mission mode, and even explore together with a second player! Your progress will even transfer to the full game, once purchased. As an added bonus, defeating the first boss in the demo and transferring save-data to the full version of the game will immediately unlock the “Ultra-Spicy” difficulty option for the full game.
|Rank||System||Title||Release Date||Weekly Copies||Total Copies|
|1||NSw||Pikmin 3 Deluxe||Oct-30||67,925||239,274|
|2||NSw||Ring Fit Adventure||October 18, 2019||37,256||1,783,608|
|3||NSw||Animal Crossing: New Horizons||Mar-20||31,687||5,941,433|
|4||NSw||Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass Bundle||Nov-06||18,638||18,638|
|5||NSw||Shadowverse: Champion's Battle||Nov-05||13,871||13,871|
|6||NSw||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe||April 28, 2017||12,318||3,250,835|
|7||PS4||Watch Dogs: Legion||Oct-29||8,723||49,685|
|8||NSw||Super Mario 3D All-Stars||Sep-18||8,536||373,171|
|9||NSw||Minecraft||June 21, 2018||8,091||1,551,842|
|10||NSw||Pokémon Sword & Shield||November 15, 2019||7,638||3,790,783|
|11||NSw||Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD Remaster||Oct-29||7,068||59,549|
|12||PS4||Kangokutō Mary Skelter Finale||Nov-05||6,819||6,819|
|13||PS4||Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD Remaster||Oct-29||6,671||55,501|
|14||NSw||Super Smash Brothers Ultimate||December 7, 2018||6,046||3,871,914|
|15||NSw||Super Mario Party||October 5, 2018||5,783||1,591,405|
|16||NSw||Splatoon 2||July 21, 2017||4,807||3,596,910|
|17||NSw||Sekai no Asobi Taizen 51||Jun-05||4,571||420,726|
|18||NSw||Kangokutō Mary Skelter Finale||Nov-05||4,544||4,544|
|19||NSw||The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild||March 3, 2017||4,056||1,676,903|
|20||NSw||New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe||January 11, 2019||3,633||922,995|
See also: Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
See also: Top 10 Anime Characters That Were Ruined By Their Sequels