Similar to the other big conventions held in the United States, Anime NYC has cancelled their physical convention this year. However, the organizers have announced they will be bringing the convention online this year through a mobile app called NTWRK.
In an advertorial posted in Anime News Network, NTWRK is free app which focuses on exclusive content and merch. Those who want to witness Anime NYC Online can now download the app for free on the App Store or Google Play. The app is also a way to browse cool pop culture and anime merchandise.
Here are the online events highlights to look forward to:
Industry panels from Crunchyroll, Aniplex, Kodansha, Mangamo, Yen Press, and more
A Mirai Celebration and Chat with Studio Chizu Producer Yuichiro Saito
Watch Parties with classic anime from RetroCrush and Right Stuf
An Anisong DJ Night featuring NYC’s AniParty
Product drops from brands including HYPLAND, Atsuko, and Valeza
An Online Expo Floor and Artist Alley with over 100 booths to browse.
Anime NYC Online will begin on November 17-20, 2020. So sure to download the app right now!
About Anime NYC
Anime NYC is New York City’s anime convention! A showcase of the best of Japanese pop culture in the biggest city in America, Anime NYC brings anime fans and publishers together for three days of unique exhibits, exclusive screenings, extensive panels, and appearances by some of the biggest creators in Japan. Join us for a celebration of Japanese animation, manga, and cosplay in the heart of NYC!
Anime NYC is a creation of LeftField Media, a boutique event company made up of dedicated fans and experienced convention organizers.
Anime NYC is powered by Crunchyroll and features Crunchyroll, Aniplex, Bandai Namco, Bluefin, Funimation, HIDIVE, Kinokuniya Bookstore, Kodansha Comics, Sentai Filmworks, SUNRISE, Square Enix, Vertical, VIZ Media, Yen Press, and more!
We pick up manga at Kinokuniya, shop at Sunrise Mart, and snap far too many pictures at Sakura Matsuri. We’ve gone to premieres at JAPAN CUTS and saw Hatsune Miku in concert… three times. We love anime like you, live in NYC like you, and now bring all this together for you.
Anime NYC is a party, a market, and a festival; a dedicated showcase of Japanese popular culture; and a space for the anime and manga community to call our own.
Source: Anime News Network (Advertorial)
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”