The PlayStation 5 is scheduled to launch this Thursday and pre-orders for this highly anticipated console continues to rise on demand. While everyone is hyped, there’s a bit of sad news for those who own the early releases of the PlayStation 4.
Just two days before the launch of the PS5, Sony Japan has announced they will stop offering repairs for the first two PlayStation 4 models that were release in the market, specifically the CUH-1000 and CUH-1100 series. For the benefit of those wo don’t know the difference, these two version have angular corner for their casing.
Those who own such models might have the to get their units checked sooner on or before December 25 of this year. According to Sony, the reason for halting the PlayStation 4 repair service is due to the short of part inventory needed for the repair service.
As of press time, there is still no word to when the PS4 will be ending its service. However, due to a lot of gamers still hanging on to their units, it won’t be immediately fade away.
In the case of upcoming game titles to be released for the PlayStation 5 console, we only have a few titles have been confirmed to be released so far. However, since this is an upcoming new console for Sony, expect a lot of the popular game franchises to ride in and will have releases in the future. One of the games that are currently in development and exclusive to the PS5 is Ghost of Tsushima.
The PS5 will also have VR and it is confirmed to be compatible with the current PlayStation VR software. There are also rumors of the PSVR 2 is currently in development. The possible price tag for the console will possibly be around the USD $499 mark.
For those who are wondering if the PlayStation 5 have backward compatibility, the big answer is YES. But not all—“almost all” PS4 games. The complete list of PS4 games that are compatible for the PS5 has not been revealed yet. However, upon its launch, it will support a majority of the top 100 PS4 games that are released.
And finally, for those who are worried if the release of the PlayStation 5 will be delayed due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Sony has confirmed that the release is not currently delayed.
Regardless if your wallets are ready or not, Sony has just launched the official homepage of its upcoming and highly discussed PlayStation 5 console. Both the UK and German versions of the website are now up and if you sign up to their email newsletter, you would be able to get the latest updates from Sony.
The website shows this statement:
“We’ve begun to share some of the incredible features you can expect from PlayStation 5, but we’re not quite ready to fully unveil the next generation of PlayStation. Sign up below to be among the first to receive updates as we announce them, including news on the PS5 release date, PS5 price and the upcoming roster of PS5 launch games.”
No other info has been yet like exact date of the console’s launch as well as games that are confirmed to be released in the upcoming console.
The PS5’s competitor, the Xbox Series X is also slated to be released in the holiday season 2020.
On the talk of consoles—while both Sony and Microsoft have some upcoming consoles to be released this year, Nintendo however confirms that they will not be releasing any new version of their hit handheld console Nintendo Switch this year.
To those who are still hoping to get themselves a Nintendo Switch and expecting a new model to be released this year, you might have to choose from the previous released models as it was recently revealed during Nintendo’s financial results briefing that no new model will be released for the console this year.
Although there will be no new Nintendo Switch model will be out on the market this year, a special edition Nintendo Switch design was revealed in theme of the upcoming release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. This new design is slated to be released on March 13, just a couple of days ahead of the games official release date which is on March 20. An “Aloha Edition” carrying case will also be made available for the Switch Lite owers.
The recent model, which is the Nintendo Switch Lite handheld was officially released last September 2019. This compact version of the original Nintendo Switch console (first released on March 3, 2017) is only made exclusively for handheld gameplay and you would not be able to connect it to your television. The first version of the Nintendo Switch sold around 52.48 million units worldwide as of December 31 last year. In around three months until December 31, Nintendo sold around 10.81 million units.
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”