Popular animation studio Studio Ghibli revealed yesterday the main cast and staff for their 1st 3DCG film Earwig and the Witch. Their website lists the following as the movie’s main cast, but did not specify their character’s names.
· Shinobu Terajima
· Etsushi Toyokawa
· Gaku Hamada
· Kokoro Hirasawa
All of them are live-action movie actors except for Gaku Hamada, who had experience with voice acting in One Piece Film Gold.
On the other hand, below are the main staff that worked on the film, with most of them boasting of work for popular Studio Ghibli titles.
· Screenplay: Keiko Niwa (From Up on Poppy Hill, When Marnie was There) and Emi Gunji (assistant director on From Up on Poppy Hill)
· Character and design settings: Miho Satake (Kiki’s Delivery Service)
· Character design for animation: Katsuya Kondo (Ponyo, Kiki’s Delivery Service)
· CG supervisor: Yukinori Nakamura (Expelled from Paradise)
· Animation director: Tan Seri
· Music composition: Satoshi Takebe (From Up on Poppy Hill)
· Sound directing: Koji Kasamatsu
· Dialogue recording: Eriko Kimura
· Production managers: Isao Yoshikuni, Keisuke Tsuchihashi, Koji Hoshino
Earwig and the Witch will premiere as a TV movie on the NHK General channel this December 30.
The movie will be directed by Goro Miyazaki, son of Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki. The latter will be credited as part of the movie’s planning and development. The film will be produced by Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki.
Earwig and the Witch is written by Diana Wynne Jones and was published in 2011 by Harper Collins, which describes the novel’s story as such:
“Not every orphan would love living at St. Morwald’s Home for Children, but Earwig does. She gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants it, and it’s been that way since she was dropped on the orphanage doorstep as a baby. But all that changes the day Bella Yaga and the Mandrake come to St. Morwald’s, disguised as foster parents. Earwig is whisked off to their mysterious house full of invisible rooms, potions, and spell books, with magic around every corner. Most children would run in terror from a house like that . . . but not Earwig. Using her own cleverness—with a lot of help from a talking cat—she decides to show the witch who’s boss.”
Diana Wynne Jones is also the author of the 1986 novel Howl’s Moving Castle, which served as inspiration for the 2004 Hayao Miyazaki film of the same name. The film was nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Academy Awards.
Goro Miyazaki directed the Ghibli films Tales from the Earthsea and From Up on Poppy Hill. He also directed the CG anime series Ronja the Robber’s Daughter for Polygon Pictures, with assistance by Studio Ghibli.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court