Popular Streaming Platforms Like Crunchyroll, Twitch, Netflix, and more will be Available for the PlayStation 5
It seems there is more reason to get the PlayStation 5 after all Crunchyroll recently announced this week that their anime streaming platform will be available for the upcoming PlayStation 5. Aside from this, Sony Interactive Entertainment Phil Rosenberg also announced other popular streaming platforms like Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Apple TV, Disney+, Twitch, Amazon Prime, and more will also be available in the console as well.
The PlayStation 5 is slated to be released on November 12 in the following regions: United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. Other regions will have the console released on November 19. It is priced at US$499.99, and the PS5 Digital Edition (which does not include an optical disc drive) will retail for US$399.99
While some of our highly anticipated titles are coming to the PlayStation 4. There is another wallet wrecker that is coming your way during upcoming holiday season 2020.
Regardless if your wallets are ready or not, Sony has launched the official homepage of its upcoming and highly discussed PlayStation 5 console. Both the UK and German versions of the website are now up and if you sign up to their email newsletter, you would be able to get the latest updates from Sony.
The website shows this statement:
“We’ve begun to share some of the incredible features you can expect from PlayStation 5, but we’re not quite ready to fully unveil the next generation of PlayStation. Sign up below to be among the first to receive updates as we announce them, including news on the PS5 release date, PS5 price and the upcoming roster of PS5 launch games.”
The PS5’s competitor, the Xbox Series X is also slated to be released in the holiday season 2020.
About Crunchyroll (According to their official website)
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as part of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans in more than 200 countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll’s services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer products rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, The Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ France, KAZÉ Germany, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga France, KAZÉ Manga Germany), Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store.
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
About Netflix (as described by its official website)
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world. Whatever your taste, and no matter where you live, we give you access to best-in-class TV shows, movies and documentaries. Our members control what they want to watch, when they want it, with no ads, in one simple subscription. We’re streaming in more than 30 languages and 190 countries, because great stories can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere. We are the world’s biggest fans of entertainment, and we’re always looking to help you find your next favorite story.
About Twitch (as described by its official website)
Twitch is where millions of people come together live every day to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment together. Unabashed fans, welcome home. Watch what you love, connect with streamers, and chat with tons of communities.
Your creative content thrives here. Bring your passions; we’ll help you build a community around them.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court