Japanese publisher Wani Books has announced that they will be launching a manga adaptation of the popular BL (boys’ love) novel series 2gether by Thai author JittiRain. The manga adaptation will be illustrated by Hiromasa Okujima, who has also worked on other BL titles such as Bad Boys, Happy Home (Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven).
A teaser art was also released for the manga adaptation along with the announcement:
The 2gether manga adaptation will be launched this November on the News Crunch website.
The original novel series’ story starts with Tine, a self-proclaimed playboy who is being pursued by a persistent gay classmate, Green, in college. To stop Green from pursuing him, his friends convince him to ask Sarawat, the most popular boy in school, to pretend to be his boyfriend instead. Initially reluctant, Sarawat eventually agrees to pretend to be in a relationship with Tine. The novel then follows the ups and downs of Tine and Sarawat’s fake relationship, which eventually develops into something real.
The novel series launched in 2019 but grew in popularity just this year when it was adapted into a 13-episode live-action web series starring Thai actors Metawin Opas-iamkajorn and Vachirawit Chiva-aree. The series, which aired on the official GMMTV Youtube as well as LINE channel with English subtitles, was a huge hit particularly in Southeast Asian countries. The series also exploded in popularity in China, where the two actors became instant celebrities. The series aired from February to May 2020. The popularity of 2gether the Series prompted the launch of a sequel series entitled Still 2gether, which was composed of 5 episodes and aired from June to August of this year.
A Japanese translation of the original novel series was just released last week, with illustrations done by Takako Shimura (author of Sweet Blue Flowers, Happy-Go-Lucky Days, Wandering Son).
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court