Good news to Wotakoi fans, as we’ll be getting new animated content for the series soon! The official website of the anime adaptation of Fujita’s Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Otaku ni Koi Wa Muzukasshi) has announced that the new OVA (original video animation) episode is set for a February 26, 2021 release. The OVA disc will come bundled with a limited edition of the manga’s 10th volume, which will be released on that date.
A new visual was revealed for the new special episode, which revolves around Hirotaka’s younger brother Naoya and his friend Kou Sakuragi, the socially anxious gamer.
The 1st OVA episode for Wotakoi was released last March 2019, along with the manga’s seventh volume. A trailer of the 1st OVA shows that it centered on the beginnings of tsundere couple Kabakura Tarou and Koyanagi Hanako. The two first met during their high school years as captain of the men’s and women’s volleyball team, which usually caused them to clash with each other.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii started as a Japanese webmanga series on Pixiv, written and illustrated by Fujita. Main character Momose Narumi is a hardcore fujoshi who tries her best to keep this side of her a secret from everyone, especially at work. The story focuses on her dating her childhood friend and gaming otaku Hirotaka Nifuji as they both navigate through the ups and downs of having a romantic relationship with a fellow otaku. Secondary couple Kabakura, a huge shoujo fan, and Hanako, a famous cosplayer, also find ways to deal with each other’s fiery personalities, with Hanako always taking advantage of Kabakura’s secret obsession with shoujo manga to always get her way with him.
A-1 Pictures also adapted Wotakoi as an 11-episode animé series, which aired from April to June 2018. A live-action film adaptation premiered in Japan last February.
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate