Good news to Wotakoi fans, as we’ll be getting new animated content for the series soon! The official website of the anime adaptation of Fujita’s Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Otaku ni Koi Wa Muzukasshi) has announced that the new OVA (original video animation) episode is set for a February 26, 2021 release. The OVA disc will come bundled with a limited edition of the manga’s 10th volume, which will be released on that date.
A new visual was revealed for the new special episode, which revolves around Hirotaka’s younger brother Naoya and his friend Kou Sakuragi, the socially anxious gamer.
The 1st OVA episode for Wotakoi was released last March 2019, along with the manga’s seventh volume. A trailer of the 1st OVA shows that it centered on the beginnings of tsundere couple Kabakura Tarou and Koyanagi Hanako. The two first met during their high school years as captain of the men’s and women’s volleyball team, which usually caused them to clash with each other.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii started as a Japanese webmanga series on Pixiv, written and illustrated by Fujita. Main character Momose Narumi is a hardcore fujoshi who tries her best to keep this side of her a secret from everyone, especially at work. The story focuses on her dating her childhood friend and gaming otaku Hirotaka Nifuji as they both navigate through the ups and downs of having a romantic relationship with a fellow otaku. Secondary couple Kabakura, a huge shoujo fan, and Hanako, a famous cosplayer, also find ways to deal with each other’s fiery personalities, with Hanako always taking advantage of Kabakura’s secret obsession with shoujo manga to always get her way with him.
A-1 Pictures also adapted Wotakoi as an 11-episode animé series, which aired from April to June 2018. A live-action film adaptation premiered in Japan last February.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court