A fun two-minute opening movie was just released on the official Youtube channel of Bushiroad’s newest mixed-media project D4DJ! The release of the OP movie serves as promotion for the upcoming TV anime series of the franchise, entitled D4DJ First Mix. You can watch the video here!
The series’ director, the acclaimed Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist) tweeted the following about the opening movie:
“The OP is packed with all the fun, coolness, and cuteness that D4DJ aims for! The director of the music videos, Umezu was very interested in my idea despite his busy schedule, and he was able to brush it up! It conveys the essence of what D4DJ is all about. Personally, I love the cut of Wakewakame Night because it’s beyond my imagination.”
The opening theme song of the series, Guruguru DJ Turn! sung by in-franchise group Happy Around! feat. KYOKO & SAKI, is written by Kou Nakamura (BanG Dream! original story writer) and composed by Hyadain. D4DJ First Mix is set for an October 30 premiere.
The series is also available for streaming worldwide in the following platforms: Funimation, Ani-One Asia, Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, YouTube, Anime Network, AnimeLab (Australia and New Zealand), Wakanim (Europe), Aniplus-Asia (Southeast Asia), Bahamut Animation Madness (Taiwan), friDay Video (Taiwan), KKTV (Taiwan), myVideo (Taiwan), Hami Video (Taiwan), Chunghwa Telecom MOD (Taiwan), and Flixer. The anime will be available in 15 languages, with dubs in three languages.
The anime project was first announced last February. Acclaimed anime director Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) was earlier announced to be directing the anime project for D4DJ (Dig Delight Direct Drive DJ). Sanzigen Animation Studio will be handling animation.
Crunchyroll describes the series as such:
“Having moved back to Japan from abroad, she transfers to Yoba Academy where DJing is popular. She is deeply moved by a DJ concert she sees there, and decides to form a unit of her own with Maho Akashi, Muni Ohnaruto, and Rei Togetsu. While interacting with the other DJ units like Peaky P-key and Photon Maiden, Rinku and her friends aim for the high stage!”
D4DJ is Bushiroad’s third mixed-media franchise, following BanG Dream! and Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight.
D4DJ is described as a “DJ-themed mixed media project” which includes live DJ performances, an anime (as mentioned above), and a smartphone game. The game, entitled D4DJ Groovy Mix, will be released for iOS and Android devices on October 25. The game was announced to be getting a global release as well. Donuts is developing the game for Bushiroad.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court