A fun two-minute opening movie was just released on the official Youtube channel of Bushiroad’s newest mixed-media project D4DJ! The release of the OP movie serves as promotion for the upcoming TV anime series of the franchise, entitled D4DJ First Mix. You can watch the video here!
The series’ director, the acclaimed Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist) tweeted the following about the opening movie:
“The OP is packed with all the fun, coolness, and cuteness that D4DJ aims for! The director of the music videos, Umezu was very interested in my idea despite his busy schedule, and he was able to brush it up! It conveys the essence of what D4DJ is all about. Personally, I love the cut of Wakewakame Night because it’s beyond my imagination.”
The opening theme song of the series, Guruguru DJ Turn! sung by in-franchise group Happy Around! feat. KYOKO & SAKI, is written by Kou Nakamura (BanG Dream! original story writer) and composed by Hyadain. D4DJ First Mix is set for an October 30 premiere.
The series is also available for streaming worldwide in the following platforms: Funimation, Ani-One Asia, Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, YouTube, Anime Network, AnimeLab (Australia and New Zealand), Wakanim (Europe), Aniplus-Asia (Southeast Asia), Bahamut Animation Madness (Taiwan), friDay Video (Taiwan), KKTV (Taiwan), myVideo (Taiwan), Hami Video (Taiwan), Chunghwa Telecom MOD (Taiwan), and Flixer. The anime will be available in 15 languages, with dubs in three languages.
The anime project was first announced last February. Acclaimed anime director Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) was earlier announced to be directing the anime project for D4DJ (Dig Delight Direct Drive DJ). Sanzigen Animation Studio will be handling animation.
Crunchyroll describes the series as such:
“Having moved back to Japan from abroad, she transfers to Yoba Academy where DJing is popular. She is deeply moved by a DJ concert she sees there, and decides to form a unit of her own with Maho Akashi, Muni Ohnaruto, and Rei Togetsu. While interacting with the other DJ units like Peaky P-key and Photon Maiden, Rinku and her friends aim for the high stage!”
D4DJ is Bushiroad’s third mixed-media franchise, following BanG Dream! and Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight.
D4DJ is described as a “DJ-themed mixed media project” which includes live DJ performances, an anime (as mentioned above), and a smartphone game. The game, entitled D4DJ Groovy Mix, will be released for iOS and Android devices on October 25. The game was announced to be getting a global release as well. Donuts is developing the game for Bushiroad.
Source: Crunchyroll News
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate