Game developer UNIVRS announced this week that the Little Witch Academia VR Broom Racing game was released one day early for the Oculus Quest. The game is originally scheduled for October 13. The developer also confirmed that the game will also be available for the Oculus Quest 2.
Aside from the upcoming game’s release for the Oculus Quest, it will also be available for the PSVR, Oculus Rift, and SteamVR in Early 2021.
The company originally aimed to release the game in April 2020 but released a statement that it is currently “adopting protective measures against COVID-19 has resulted in a change of plans.”
UNIVRS launched a kickstarter campaign for the game in July last year and successfully surpassed its USD $46,386 goal and raised 8,111,082 yen (about USD $76,349) at the end of its campaign.
To give you an idea of what Little Witch Acadmia VR Broom Racing is about, below shows the synopsis:
The player becomes a character in the game and can freely fly around the sky on a broom and race using magic. This VR game uses UNIVRS's unique anti-motion sickness technology (patent pending) to greatly reduce the VR motion sickness that has limited VR games up until now. This game will be an amazing flying experience that will make the player truly feel like they're flying!
The theme song for the game will be performed by YURIKA. Yuiko Ohara contributed the game’s theem song.
The Little Witch Academia anime series premiered in Japan on January 2017 aired until June 2017 for a total of 25 episodes. The anime is also available for streaming on Netflix. The first 13 episodes debuted on the platform outside of Japan in June 2017, then the later episodes was then released on August 2017.
About Little Witch Academia (As Described by MAL)
"A believing heart is your magic!"—these were the words that Atsuko "Akko" Kagari's idol, the renowned witch Shiny Chariot, said to her during a magic performance years ago. Since then, Akko has lived by these words and aspired to be a witch just like Shiny Chariot, one that can make people smile. Hence, even her non-magical background does not stop her from enrolling in Luna Nova Magical Academy.
However, when an excited Akko finally sets off to her new school, the trip there is anything but smooth. After her perilous journey, she befriends the shy Lotte Yansson and the sarcastic Sucy Manbavaran. To her utmost delight, she also discovers Chariot's wand, the Shiny Rod, which she takes as her own. Unfortunately, her time at Luna Nova will prove to more challenging than Akko could ever believe. She absolutely refuses to stay inferior to the rest of her peers, especially to her self-proclaimed rival, the beautiful and gifted Diana Cavendish, so she relies on her determination to compensate for her reckless behavior and ineptitude in magic.
In a time when wizardry is on the decline, Little Witch Academia follows the magical escapades of Akko and her friends as they learn the true meaning of being a witch.
‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida Oct 16, 9am
Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy ReleasedOct 14, 5am
New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime FilmOct 19, 4am
“your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” FilmOct 20, 4am
Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand Oct 13, 6am
Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by ZutomayoOct 13, 5am
“Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Set for Early 2021 Release in North American TheatersOct 12, 5am
New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert SongOct 13, 6am
First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen NehelleniaOct 19, 3am
“Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever Oct 19, 4am
Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” EpisodeOct 20, 3am
- “your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” Film
- New Teaser Video for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Reveals More Cast
- Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Episode
- Opening Movie Released for Bushiroad’s Upcoming TV Anime Series “D4DJ First Mix”
- New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime Film
- “Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever
- First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen Nehellenia
- Producers of ‘Attack on Titan’ Explain Reasons Behind Anime Studio Change to MAPPA
- Little Witch Academia VR Game Launched a Day Early on Oculus Quest
- FIFA 21 Takes #1 Spot in Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida
- Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- First 8 Minutes of “Happy-Go-Lucky Days” Anime Film Streamed
- New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert Song
- Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand
- Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by Zutomayo
- Promo Video for “Dr. Stone” Season 2 Released
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Promo Video, Previews Opening Song