The official website of the mixed-media surfing-themed franchise WAVE!! has released the opening song sequence for the first film in the trilogy—along with the raw storyboards for the sequence! Check out the cool video here!
The trilogy movie will open in theaters one after another on October 2, 16, and 30.
The opening theme sung is sung by all characters of the film, collectively named as the Naminori Boys (“Surfing Boys”, abbreviated as NBS). The voice actors of the first two characters in the trailer, Masaki Hinaoka and Shou Akitsuki, sing the ending theme song Beat Blue Beat.
The eight main cast members are:
· Tomoaki Maeno as Masaki Hinaoka
· Jin Ogasawara as Shou Akitsuki
· Yoshiki Nakajima as Nalu Tanaka
· Takuya Sato as Kousuke Iwana
· Yusuke Shirai as Yuuta Matsukaze
· Shunichi Toki as Naoya Kido
· Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rindou Fuke
· Showtaro Morikubo as Souichirou William Mori
Original work for the anime is credited to MAGES. The anime films will be directed by Takaharu Ozaki (Girls’ Last Tour, Goblin Slayer), with Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Girls’ Last Tour, Black Clover) in charge of series scripts. Original character designs are done by Yomi Sarachi (La storia della Arcana Famiglia), with Tomoko Iwasa (Hakumei and Mikochi) adapting those designs for animation. The movies will be helmed at Asahi Production.
WAVE!! is set in the real-life city of Oarai in Ibaraki prefecture. The story centers on Masaki Hinaoka, whose new friendship with transfer student Shou Akitsuki introduces him to the world of surfing. Through the sport, Masaki will make new friendships and abandon old ones as he drift towards adulthood.
Love&Art is developing the project under the supervision of the Nippon Surfing Association, Surf Magazine, and in cooperation with Murasaki Sports.
The WAVE!! mixed-media franchise includes a radio program, a four-panel manga, an upcoming smartphone game, as well as planned music CDs and live concerts.
Source: Anime News Network
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”