While the Boruto anime and manga is the current ongoing series in the Naruto universe, VIZ Media have announced previously that they will be releasing the first Naruto anime in Blu-ray Disc. The first set will have the first 27 episodes and will be shipped on November 3. VIZ first released the anime on DVD.
The upcoming Blu-ray set will have both English and Japanese audio (with English subtitles) plus additional content like an exclusive interview with English voice of Naruto, Maile Flanagan.
Here’s a description about the Blu-ray set:
Naruto Set 1 contains episodes 1-27 of the anime directed by Hayato Date.
The little ninja that changed the world finally comes to Blu-ray! Journey back to a simpler time when Naruto was a little scamp pulling pranks and defacing monuments. A social outcast with the dreaded Nine-Tailed Fox Spirit locked inside of him, Naruto's infectious optimism and never-give-up attitude propels him towards the path of greatness. Relive the outrageous beginnings of a generation of ninja that would go on to become legends!
About Naruto Anime
Moments prior to Naruto Uzumaki’s birth, a huge demon known as the Kyuubi, the Nine-Tailed Fox, attacked Konohagakure, the Hidden Leaf Village, and wreaked havoc. In order to put an end to the Kyuubi’s rampage, the leader of the village, the Fourth Hokage, sacrificed his life and sealed the monstrous beast inside the newborn Naruto.
Now, Naruto is a hyperactive and knuckle-headed ninja still living in Konohagakure. Shunned because of the Kyuubi inside him, Naruto struggles to find his place in the village, while his burning desire to become the Hokage of Konohagakure leads him not only to some great new friends, but also some deadly foes.
About Naruto Manga
Whenever Naruto Uzumaki proclaims that he will someday become the Hokage—a title bestowed upon the best ninja in the Village Hidden in the Leaves—no one takes him seriously. Since birth, Naruto has been shunned and ridiculed by his fellow villagers. But their contempt isn't because Naruto is loud-mouthed, mischievous, or because of his ineptitude in the ninja arts, but because there is a demon inside him. Prior to Naruto's birth, the powerful and deadly Nine-Tailed Fox attacked the village. In order to stop the rampage, the Fourth Hokage sacrificed his life to seal the demon inside the body of the newborn Naruto.
And so when he is assigned to Team 7—along with his new teammates Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, under the mentorship of veteran ninja Kakashi Hatake—Naruto is forced to work together with other people for the first time in his life. Through undergoing vigorous training and taking on challenging missions, Naruto must learn what it means to work in a team and carve his own route toward becoming a full-fledged ninja recognized by his village.
aruto has sold over 220 million copies worldwide as of 2015, making it the 4th highest grossing manga series of all time. It was nominated for the 19th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize in 2014, and in the same year Masashi Kishimoto was awarded Rookie of the Year in the media fine arts category by Japan's Agency for Cultural Affairs.
Numerous databooks, artbooks, novels, and fanbooks on the series have been released. Eight summary volumes featuring unaltered color pages, larger dimensions, and exclusive interviews, covering the first part of the series were released between November 7, 2008 and April 10, 2009.
The series was published in English by VIZ Media under the Shonen Jump imprint from August 16, 2003 to October 6, 2015. In the last four months of 2007, the campaign titled "Naruto Nation" was launched, in which three volumes were published each month so that US releases would be closer to Japan's, the same practice was done in February through April of 2009 this time titled "Generation Ninja." A 3-in-1 omnibus edition has also been released since May 3, 2011. A box set containing volumes 1-27 was released on August 6, 2008, another one containing volumes 28-48 on July 7, 2015, and the final box set with volumes 49-72 on January 5, 2016. It was also published in Brazilian Portuguese by Panini Comics/Planet Manga from May 2007 to June 2015, and again as Naruto Gold edition since July 2015.
Source: ANN (with synopsis by MAL)
‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida Oct 16, 9am
Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy ReleasedOct 14, 5am
New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime FilmOct 19, 4am
“your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” FilmOct 20, 4am
Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand Oct 13, 6am
Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by ZutomayoOct 13, 5am
“Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Set for Early 2021 Release in North American TheatersOct 12, 5am
New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert SongOct 13, 6am
First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen NehelleniaOct 19, 3am
“Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever Oct 19, 4am
Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” EpisodeOct 20, 3am
- “your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” Film
- New Teaser Video for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Reveals More Cast
- Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Episode
- Opening Movie Released for Bushiroad’s Upcoming TV Anime Series “D4DJ First Mix”
- New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime Film
- “Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever
- First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen Nehellenia
- Producers of ‘Attack on Titan’ Explain Reasons Behind Anime Studio Change to MAPPA
- Little Witch Academia VR Game Launched a Day Early on Oculus Quest
- FIFA 21 Takes #1 Spot in Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida
- Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- First 8 Minutes of “Happy-Go-Lucky Days” Anime Film Streamed
- New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert Song
- Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand
- Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by Zutomayo
- Promo Video for “Dr. Stone” Season 2 Released
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Promo Video, Previews Opening Song