The official website of the new Shaman King anime released a new promotional teaser video on Thursday which feature the upcoming anime’s staff and cast members. The anime is scheduled to air in April 2021 and will accurately adapt all the 35 volumes of the manga’s new complete edition.
Protagonist Yoh Asakura will be voiced by Yoko Hikasa. The follow voice actresses Katsuyuki Konishi, Megumi Hayashibara, Minami Takayama will be reprising their 2001 respective voice roles in the anime as Amidamaru, Anna Kyoyama, and Hao Asakura.
The anime will be directed by Joji Furuta at studio Bridge. Shoji Yonemura is in charge of the anime’s series scripts, Satohiko Sano for character design, Yuki Hayashi is composing the music, with King Record as music producer. Masafumi Mima will be doing audio direction.
The anime is based on the popular manga series of the same name created by Hiroyuki Takei in 1998. It was first sterilized in the Weekly Shonen Jump. The series suddenly ended in 2004, with a reprint of the manga showing the “true ending”.
About Shaman King Manga
Shamans are extraordinary individuals with the ability to communicate with ghosts, spirits, and gods, which are invisible to ordinary people. The Shaman Fight—a prestigious tournament pitting shamans from all over the world against each other—is held every five hundred years, where the winner is crowned Shaman King. This title allows the current incumbent to call upon the Great Spirit and shape the world as they see fit.
Finding himself late for class one night, Manta Oyamada, an ordinary middle school student, decides to take a shortcut through the local cemetery. Noticing him, a lone boy sitting on a gravestone invites Manta to stargaze with "them." Realizing that "them" refers to the boy and his ghostly friends, Manta flees the terror. Later, the boy introduces himself as You Asakura, a Shaman-in-training, and demonstrates his powers by teaming up with the ghost of six-hundred-year-old samurai Amidamaru to save Manta from a group of thugs. You befriends Manta due to his ability to see spirits, and with the help of Amidamaru, they set out to accomplish You's goal of becoming the next Shaman King.
About Shaman King Anime
A battle is about to begin in Tokyo: the Shaman Fight, a tournament held every five hundred years where shaman—those who can command spirits—confront each other in combat. The victor of this contest becomes the Shaman King and the only one who is able to contact and control the Great Spirit, allowing them to reshape the world as they please through its immense power.
During a late night walk, Manta Oyamada runs into his classmate, the carefree You Asakura, who invites him to come stargazing with some friends, who, to Manta's horror, turn out to be ghosts from a local cemetery! However, the knowledge that Manta possesses—a rare sixth sense that allows Manta to see these spirits—endears the boy to You. So when You finds out that his new comrade has been beaten up by a local gang, he decides to avenge him with the help of Amidamaru, a samurai ghost whose tomb was broken by the gang leader.
Source: ANN, with synopsis by MAL
‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida Oct 16, 9am
Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy ReleasedOct 14, 5am
New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime FilmOct 19, 4am
“your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” FilmOct 20, 4am
Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand Oct 13, 6am
Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by ZutomayoOct 13, 5am
“Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Set for Early 2021 Release in North American TheatersOct 12, 5am
New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert SongOct 13, 6am
First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen NehelleniaOct 19, 3am
“Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever Oct 19, 4am
Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” EpisodeOct 20, 3am
- “your name” Director Makoto Shinkai Expresses Amazement at Success of “Demon Slayer” Film
- New Teaser Video for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Reveals More Cast
- Teaser Visual and February 26 Release Revealed for New “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Episode
- Opening Movie Released for Bushiroad’s Upcoming TV Anime Series “D4DJ First Mix”
- New Trailer, Ending Song Artist Revealed for Second “Date A Bullet” Theatrical Anime Film
- “Demon Slayer the Movie: Mugen Train” Breaks Box Office Records in Japan with Biggest Opening Weekend Ever
- First of 2-Part “Sailor Moon Eternal” Anime Films Reveals Trailer, New Visual, Cast for Queen Nehellenia
- Producers of ‘Attack on Titan’ Explain Reasons Behind Anime Studio Change to MAPPA
- Little Witch Academia VR Game Launched a Day Early on Oculus Quest
- FIFA 21 Takes #1 Spot in Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Anime to Cast Akira Ishida
- Video + Storyboards for Opening Song of 1st Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- First 8 Minutes of “Happy-Go-Lucky Days” Anime Film Streamed
- New Trailer for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish” Previews Insert Song
- Online Reservations for “Demon Slayer: Mugen Train” Film in Japan Crashes Cinema Sites Due to Demand
- Full Trailer for Live-Action “The Promised Neverland” Film Previews Theme Song by Zutomayo
- Promo Video for “Dr. Stone” Season 2 Released
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ” TV Anime Series Releases New Promo Video, Previews Opening Song