A huge congratulations to the given boys, as the official Twitter account of the band-themed boys-love series announced that the film has exceeded 100,000 ticket sales in just 4 weeks! Because of this success, the staff of the film also announced that given will begin screening in 54 more theaters, and the short special Fuyu no Hanashi (Winter Story) will also be screened at select theaters for one week.
The sequel anime film for given was released last August 22, after its original May 16 release was cancelled because of COVID. Hikaru Yamaguchi (Escha Chron) returned to direct the film, as well as script writer Yuniko Ayana (both seasons of BanG! Dream) and character designer Mina Osawa. Music is still composed by rock band centimillimental.
Given’s movie adaptation is produced by Fuji TV’s newly-launched boys-love anime label Blue Lynx. The label also produced the now-released yakuza boys-love film Twittering Birds Never Fly, the label’s first movie project. Another boys-love movie, Umibe no Étranger, will also be released under the Blue Lynx label.
The franchise has also previously announced that a “no-audience live concert” will also be held for the series and will be live-streamed to fans from Machida Playhouse in Tokyo. Machida Playhouse is the live house where Mafuyu works part-time to support his band activities.
The concert will be held and streamed from 19:30 JST on September 18. The concert was originally announced as the given – Fuyu no Hanashi – event that was supposed to be held on February 27 but was eventually canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mafuyu’s voice actor Shogo Yano and centimillimental—the band who composed and performed the anime’s music—will be present on stage.
The boys-love series is also set to receive a stage play adaptation. The stage play is set to be performed in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka from August to September of this year. The stage play will be directed by Fumiya Matsuzaki (Children of the Whales stage play). Script will be written by Yuniko Ayana, who also provided the scripts for the TV anime series. There is no news yet if the stage play has been delayed.
Given started as a manga series written Natsuki Kizu. Studio Lerche adapted the manga into an anime series and aired it on July 2019 on Fuji TV’s Noitamina block. Given was the first-ever BL anime to air in the said block.
Source: Anime News Network
New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”Sep 15, 5am
Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name” Sep 22, 7am
New Promo Video Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Sci-fi Yuri Light Novel “Otherside Picnic”Sep 14, 5am
December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”Sep 22, 6am
- Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name”
- New Teaser Video Released for “Laid-Back Camp” Season 2
- Third and Final Season Confirmed for “Fruits Basket”, Set for 2021 Release
- Fan Posts Video of Life-Sized Moving RX-78-2 Gundam
- December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”
- RomCom Manga Series “Horimiya” Gets TV Anime Adaptation Set for January 2021 Release
- New Promo Video, Opening Song Preview Released for “Jujutsu Kaisen”
- “Sword Art Online: Progressive” Light Novels Receive Anime Adaptation
- Crunchyroll Streams English-Subtitled Trailer for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You”
- Cover Art for New “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” Light Novel Released
- Teaser for New Shaman King Anime Reveals Cast and Staff
- Demon Slayer Film’s Theatergoers Get Manga Volume as Bonus in Japan
- Ring Fit Adventure is Still #1 in Recent Japanese Video Game Rankings
- Demon Slayer Manga Will Now Reach 100 Million Copies in Circulation
- First Three Minutes of First Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- “Liella” Wins Fan Vote for Name of In-Anime Idol Group in “Love Live! Superstar!!”
- New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”
- Pony Canyon Releases Behind-the-Scenes Video for DEEMO Anime Film