It was announced on Friday by Bandai Namco Entertainment America that the popular fighting game TEKKEN 7 will be getting a fourth Season Pass. You can check out the announcement trailer here. The said pass will be available this Fall.
The fourth Season Pass of TEKKEN 7 will have battle balance updates, as well new moves for the game characters, Tekken Prowess, and online play enhancements. The game is currently available for Xbox One, PC via Steam, and PlayStation 4.
The third season pass was available between September 2019 to March 2020. The third season pass have the following characters: Ganyu, Leroy, Zafina, and Fahkumram. The second season pass was released in September 2018 that have new playable characters Lei Wulong and Anna. Both Amor King and Craig Marduk were available as DLC in December 2018. In February 2019, the characters Jule and The Walking Dead’s Negan were available as DLC characters.
The first season pass for Tekken was released in November 2017 in which SNK Fatal Fury and King of Fighters’ Geese Howard was added as a playable character. In March 2018, Final Fantasy XV’s Noctis Lucis Caelum was added in the March 2018 update.
Tekken 7 was unveiled by Tekken director, Katsuhiro Harada on July 13, 2014, during EVO 2014. He first revealed the trailer and unveiled a new logo for the series. It began when Harada found out the title was leaked online.
The game wasn’t originally to have been unveiled so soon, but the announcement was brought forward due to the leak. Along with the confirmed development of Tekken X Street Fighter, an extended launch trailer, character design details, and other info regarding the game was revealed during their fighting panel at San Diego Comic-Con on July 25th, 2014.
Tekken 7 makes use of the Unreal Engine 4 game engine which will allow the game to be developed for multiple platforms. Bandai Namco was unable to show the gameplay system at the SDCC at the time due to it still being worked for. It was stated by Harada that the arcade release of Tekken 7 would have network features very similar to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
There are several guest artists who have designed the character designs. Said artists include Mari Shimazaki (Bayonetta), Yusuke Kozaki (Fire Emblem Awakening, No More Heroes), Ninnin (Duel Masters, Cardfight!!, Vanguard) and Kenichiro Yoshimura (Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns). Also, Shinji Aramaki is directing the intro for Tekken 7. The game also focuses on one-on-one battles again like previous numbered installments, not team-based as in the Tekken Tag Tournament series.
Tekken 7 had an arcade version in Japan on October 3rd, 4th, and 5th. It has also two new systems.
About TEKKEN 7 (As described by Bandai Namco Entertainment America)
The Best Fights Are Personal
Raise your fists and get ready for the ultimate battle on the next generation of home consoles. Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, the storied fighting franchise returns for another round in Tekken 7.
With the faithful 3D battle system and gameplay intact, Tekken 7 takes the franchise to the next level with photo-realistic graphics and new and innovative features and fighting mechanics. Select characters from an impressive roster of fan-favorites and new faces, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves and combos.
Tekken 7 represents the final chapter of the 20-year-long Mishima feud. Unveil the epic ending to the emotionally charged family warfare between the members of the Mishima Clan as they struggle to settle old scores and wrestle for control of a global empire, putting the balance of the world in peril.
Tekken 7 resurrects the attitude, competitiveness and showmanship rooted in its arcade DNA to provide the ultimate competitive fighting game experience. Who will take the throne at the last King of the Iron Fist Tournament?
TEKKEN 7 Story
After the events of Tekken 6, the war between the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation still continues along with the disappearance of Jin Kazama. Meanwhile, a investigative journalist who lost his wife and son during the war that Jin started (and whom also narrates throughout part of the game) begins narrating about the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation.
40 years ago, Kazuya Mishima is shown fighting his father, Heihachi Mishima when suddenly he is violently kicked away by Heihachi. Kazuya is enraged because Heihachi killed his mother Kazumi Mishima. Heihachi beats Kazuya and throws him off the cliff, setting the Tekken games in motion.
New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”Sep 15, 5am
Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name” Sep 22, 7am
Boys-Love Film “given” Celebrates 100,000 Ticket Sales, Set to Open to More Theaters in JapanSep 15, 6pm
New Promo Video Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Sci-fi Yuri Light Novel “Otherside Picnic”Sep 14, 5am
December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”Sep 22, 6am
- Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name”
- New Teaser Video Released for “Laid-Back Camp” Season 2
- Third and Final Season Confirmed for “Fruits Basket”, Set for 2021 Release
- Fan Posts Video of Life-Sized Moving RX-78-2 Gundam
- December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”
- RomCom Manga Series “Horimiya” Gets TV Anime Adaptation Set for January 2021 Release
- New Promo Video, Opening Song Preview Released for “Jujutsu Kaisen”
- “Sword Art Online: Progressive” Light Novels Receive Anime Adaptation
- Crunchyroll Streams English-Subtitled Trailer for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You”
- Cover Art for New “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” Light Novel Released
- Teaser for New Shaman King Anime Reveals Cast and Staff
- Demon Slayer Film’s Theatergoers Get Manga Volume as Bonus in Japan
- Ring Fit Adventure is Still #1 in Recent Japanese Video Game Rankings
- Demon Slayer Manga Will Now Reach 100 Million Copies in Circulation
- First Three Minutes of First Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- “Liella” Wins Fan Vote for Name of In-Anime Idol Group in “Love Live! Superstar!!”
- New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”
- Pony Canyon Releases Behind-the-Scenes Video for DEEMO Anime Film