All good things must come to an end—including, sadly, the story of our favorite volleyball boys, as the 31st issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump announced this Monday that Haikyuu! will be reaching the “climax” of the story’s final arc on July 13. The series’ next two chapters (on Shonen Jump’s 32nd and 33rd issue) will be “extra long” and will feature a full-color opening page. Haikyuu! will also be on the 32nd issue’s cover.
The manga entered its final arc last October. The series’ official Twitter account posted this announcement along with an expression of gratitude to its fans. The tweet, which you can read here, reads in part, “Thank you everyone for your support until the end!”
Haikyuu!! is a manga series written by Haruichi Furudate. Since its release in 2012, it has been serialized in the Weekly Shonen Jump, with tankobon releases done by Shueisha already numbering to 39 (with the 40th set to be released this November). Haikyuu!! already has over 34 million copies in print. Production I.G. adapted the manga into an anime series in 2014, with the second season airing the year after and a third season airing in 2016. Season 4 aired last January but the second half (episodes 14-25) were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The manga’s story centers around Shoyo Hinata, who dreams of becoming a star volleyball player despite his height. However, he suffers a crushing defeat in his first and last tournament in middle school at the hands of Tobio Kageyama, dubbed as “King of the Court”. After graduating, he vows to seek revenge on Kageyama and enters Karasuno High School—only for them to wind up as teammates in the school’s volleyball team. Thus the two form a legendary combo by combining Hinata’s athleticism and Kageyama’s genius and together, they vow to take Karasuno to the nationals.
Source: Anime News Network
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!