In a span of two days this week we already have a total of three marriage announcements from popular Japanese voice actors! First to announce this week is popular singer and voice actress Nana Mizuki, who made the surprise announcement on her blog Tuesday morning. She revealed in the blog entry that she has gotten married to a person working in the music industry this July. Her blog post translates as such:
“Now that I’ve reached certain milestones like my 40th birthday and my 20th anniversary of my debut as a singer, I’ve had more chances to reevaluate myself and consider the future. I also treasure my peaceful everyday life, and in July I reached the decision to enter my name ‘Nana,’ which my beloved father gave to me, on the family registry," she wrote. (“Nana” can also mean “seven” in Japanese, and July is referred to as 七月or the “seventh month.”) "To everyone who has always supported me with exceptional love, even as I’ve made reckless blunders, I want to keep singing and making music for you with even more power. I hope you can watch over me warmly.”
Nana Mizuki is a prolific anisong singer and has voiced popular characters throughout the years, such as Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto and Fate Testarossa from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, among many others.
While not really an announcement of a new marriage, another similar news popped up that same day. Popular TV, movie and voice actor Kenjiro Tsuda posted on his Instagram that he is already married—and with two kids already! Explaining the reason why he kept his marriage and family secret for so long, Tsuda explained that this was prompted by an article from a weekly tabloid that talked about his marriage. He says further in his post:
“When we first got married, we received frequent messages threatening our safety, and I thought that choosing not to make an announcement would protect our safety. Also, there are many live-action actors and voice actors, whom I admire, who keep their private lives unseen, and I wanted to be like that too, which is why I chose not to make an announcement until now.”
Tsuda is known for voicing Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Overhaul in My Hero Academia, and Joker in Fire Force.
And finally, the last (so far) seiyuu announcement for the week: Kensho Ono and Kana Hanazawa, who starred together in Bungo Stray Dogs, also announced their marriage! The two have been publicly dating since 2017, when the two were pictured together by paparazzi and Ono’s agency confirmed their relationship.
Both are popular voice actors as well: Ono is known for voicing Tetsuya Kuroko in Kuroko no Basket, as well as Ryuunosuke Akutagawa in Bungo Stray Dogs. Hanazawa, on the other hand, has lent her voice to fan-favorite characters such as Kosaki Onodera in Nisekoi, Red Blood Cell in Cells at Work!, and Ichika Nakano in Quintessential Quintuplets.
We wish all these couples all the best in their married lives!
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!