Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ Title
A trademark filing by Japanese animation and production company Sunrise that was made public this Tuesday, June 30, reveals that the company has trademarked the “Love Live! Superstar” label. While it was not officially announced, fans are speculating that this could be the title of the newest Love Live! anime, which has remained unnamed as of this writing.
The 5 main cast of the new series was unveiled last May. From left to right, the characters’ names are: Chisato Arashi, Sumire Heanna, Kanon Shibuya, Tang Keke, and Ren Hazuki.
The name of the school in the story, which will be the main setting of the anime series, has also been announced as “Yuigaoka Girls’ High School”. As with previous generations of Love Live!, the school’s name was decided via fan vote.
The new idol project uses the tagline, “Watashi o Kanaeru Monogatari — Hello!!! Love Live!” (“The story of my dreams coming true. Hello!!! Love Live!").
Original work is once again credited to Hajime Yatate, the collective pseudonym for the staff of Sunrise. Original concept is still credited to Kimino Sakurako (Strawberry Panic). Takahiko Kyougoku (original Love Live! School idol project series and film) returns as director alongside Jukki Hanada, writer for Love Live! School idol project and Love Live! Sunshine!!. Atsushi Saito is adapting the original character designs by Yuhei Morata for TV. Yoshiaki Fujisawa also returns as music composer.
The new project was first announced on January 19, during the second day of the Love Live! Fes event which celebrated the franchise’s nine successful years in the business. First generation group μ’s (much to the excitement of OG Love Live! fans) shared the stage with other groups from the franchise: Love Live! Sunshine!!’s Aqours and Saint Snow, and smartphone game Love Live! School Idol Festival’s Nijigasaki Academy’s Idol Appreciation Club. The concert was held over two days at the Saitama Super Arena.
Love Live! is a multimedia project co-developed by ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki G’s Magazine, music label Lantis, and animation studio Sunrise. The project has encompassed several media including anime, manga, live concerts, and smartphone games. It was launched in 2010 with μ‘s as its faces. The project was adapted into an anime series in 2013, with a second season following in 2014. The project and the group μ’s proved to be a massive commercial success, topping CD sales in Japan and selling out concerts in venues as big as Tokyo Dome.
Source: Anime News Network
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!