A day before the series’ debut on Netflix, a new clip was released for the live-action JU-ON: Noroi no Ie (JU-ON: Origins), the first live-action TV series for the popular horror franchise. Check out the unsettling two-minute clip here (be warned of the last few minutes)!
The series is slated for a July 3 worldwide release via Netflix.
Anime News Network describes the series as such:
“The new series centers on a paranormal investigator named Odajima, as well as a television talent named Haruka Honjo, who keeps hearing disturbing footsteps in her apartment in the middle of the night. Both are drawn to the franchise’s iconic “cursed house,” which Odajima begins to investigate.”
Yoshiyoshi Arakawa will be playing paranormal investigator Odajima, while Haruka Honjo will be played by actress and model Yuina Kuroshima. Other cast members are Ririka, Kouki Osamura, Mai Takahashi, Kai Inowaki, Ryuushin Tei, Yuya Matsuura, Kaho Tsuchimura, Tokio Emoto, Nobuko Sendo, and Kana Kurashina.
The series will be directed by award-winning director Sho Miyake, known for the 2018 film And Your Bird Can Sing. JU-ON: Origins will be Miyake’s first foray into horror. Scripts will be written by Yo Takahashi and Takashige Ichinose.
Ichinose, who is producing the series, explained the reason why they chose Miyake to direct Origins. “We’re valuing the real story here, so I thought it best to have a director on board who is excellent when it comes to working on human dramas. ‘And Your Bird Can Sing’ was wonderful and towered above the rest of Japanese movies that have come out in recent years, so when I called out to him, he said he was up for the challenge. I think you’ll understand once you see the series, but I think he was the perfect choice.”
JU-ON: Origins is slated to run for six episodes.
Source: Anime News Network
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!