Yep, coronavirus-related delays are far from over folks, a Warner Bros. Japan has announced that its upcoming live-action film adaptation of the Ken Wakui manga Tokyo Revengers has been delayed indefinitely due to COVID-19. A tweet from the film’s official Twitter account reads as such:
“For those of you who have been looking forward to the release of this film, we apologize for the inconvenience, but we would appreciate your understanding. We will inform you of the revised schedule as soon as it is decided. We’ll be working hard to bring the film to you toward the new release date! Stay tuned for further information!”
The film was first announced on February of this year and was originally slated for an October 9 release. The film’s director, Tsutomu Hanabusa (live-action Kakegurui) posted an apology on the film’s website. The message translates into English as such:
“We’re going back and forth between the present and the past with Takemichi, filming Mikey and Doraken, as well as Naoto, and being interrupted by Kisaki…, it’s been taking time. We’re sorry! For those of you who are looking forward to it, just wait a little longer for the release!”
The film stars Takumi Kitamura in the lead role.
Tokyo Revengers is also set to receive a TV anime adaptation which is set for a 2021 release. The manga is being published digitally in English by Kodansha Comics, which describes the story as such:
“Watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his girlfriend from way back in middle school, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girlfriend he ever had was just killed by a villainous group known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. He lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. Plus, he’s a complete and total virgin … At the height of his rock-bottom life, he suddenly time-leaps twelve years back to his middle school days!! To save Hinata, and change the life he spent running away, hopeless part-timer Takemichi must aim for the top of Kanto’s most sinister delinquent gang!!”
Tokyo Revengers was first launched in 2017 in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. The publisher has just released the manga’s 17th compiled volume last May 15 in Japan. For the English digital release, the latest released volume is the 15th volume.
The manga is a huge hit in Japan, with over 4 million copies in circulation.
Source: Crunchyroll News
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Demon Slayer Song “Gurenge” Makes LiSA First Female Japanese Artist to Get 1 Million Song DownloadsJul 29, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
Koei Tecmo Financial Report Confirms Western Release of “Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers” Jul 28, 5am
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Shonen Jump Teases that One Piece is Entering its “Upcoming Final Arc”
- Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” Film
- “Demon Slayer The Movie: Mugen Train” Reveals New Full Trailer, Theme Song by LiSA
- New Visual and October 2 Premiere Revealed for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You”
- Goro Miyazaki is in Full Confidence on the Success of ‘Earwig and the Witch’ CG Film
- A Florida Congressman Warns Citizens About “Internet Anime Porn” Like ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- Dance Video of “Kaguya-sama”’s Chika Fujiwara Reaches 20 Million Views!