Kadokawa announced this Wednesday that a smartphone game will be released based on the anime adaptation of Carlo Zen and Shinobu Shinotsuki’s Saga of Tanya the Evil (Youjo Senki literally, Military Chronicles of a Little Girl) novel series. Officially titled Youjo Senki – Madoushi Kaku Tatakaeri (Saga of Tanya the Evil – Thus the Mages Did Clash), the game will be based on the anime’s story but will also feature new in-game story events. The game will be free-to-play for iOS and Android but will have in-game purchases. No exact release date has been announced yet.
Check out the first teaser visual for the game below!
Saga of Tanya the Evil is a light novel series written by Carlo Zen and illustrated by Shinobu Shinotsuki. It was first serialized in 2012 on the novel-publishing website Arcadia; in 2013, the series was acquired by Enterbrain and has since published nine volumes of the series. The series was also adapted into a manga in 2016, with art by Chika Toujou. Studio NUT adapted the series into a TV anime and released it in 2017.
Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
“High above the blood- and mud-soaked trenches, a young girl pits herself against army mages in high stakes aerial duels with bullets, spells, and bayonets. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff and she is the Devil of the Rhine, one of the greatest soldiers the Empire has ever seen! But inside her mind lives a ruthless, calculating ex-salaryman who enjoyed a peaceful life in Japan until he woke up in a war-torn world. Reborn as a destitute orphaned girl with nothing to her name but memories of a previous life, Tanya will do whatever it takes to survive, even if she can find it only behind the barrel of a gun!”
A full-length anime film set after the events in the TV series premiered in 2019.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”