Those who are looking forward to order a Nintendo Switch in Japan, sad to say that you might not be getting it this week. Nintendo recently announced on Tuesday that will not be shipping Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch lite units in Japan this week.
The company announced however, that pre-orders for the Nintendo Switch is still open. They will announce details the soonest in relation to next week’s shipments of the consoles.
It’s no question that since the rise of COVID-19 cases and the public is urged to stay at home, the demands for a Nintendo Switch has been on great demand.
If you are itching to get a Nintendo Switch this year, you better get it soonest while stocks are still available. In a report released by business news company Bloomberg last Februrary, shortages of the popular handheld console will “likely” happen in April for the United States and Europe due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. This is because of the delays of production of the console’s components in China as well as its final assembly in Vietnam.
These delays might affect the units that are slated to arrive in April this year.
Japan might be experiencing a little drought as well when it comes to supplies of Nintendo Switch as Nintendo confirmed that both production and shipments of their current popular console is delayed due to the Coronavirus outbreak. This delay also includes other official peripherals for the console like its Joy-Con controllers.
In relation to this, Nintendo has also reviewed that its popular Nintendo Switch game Ring Fit Adventure is also on a shortage in Japan as shipments are delayed.
To those who are still hoping to get themselves a Nintendo Switch and expecting a new model to be released this year, you might have to choose from the previous released models as it was recently revealed during Nintendo’s financial results briefing that no new model will be released for the console this year.
Although there will be no new Nintendo Switch model will be out on the market this year, a special edition Nintendo Switch design was revealed in theme of the upcoming release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. This new design is slated to be released on March 13, just a couple of days ahead of the games official release date which is on March 20. An “Aloha Edition” carrying case will also be made available for the Switch Lite owners.
The recent model, which is the Nintendo Switch Lite handheld was officially released last September 2019. This compact version of the original Nintendo Switch console (first released on March 3, 2017) is only made exclusively for handheld gameplay and you would not be able to connect it to your television. The first version of the Nintendo Switch sold around 52.48 million units worldwide as of December 31 last year. In around three months until December 31, Nintendo solar around 10.81 million units.
In the case of other gaming consoles, Microsoft has confirmed to they will be releasing its Xbox Series X console, while Sony has confirmed the release of the highly anticipated PlayStation 5. Both consoles are expected to released on the market on the 2020 holiday season.
Currently people are hooked with Animal Crossing: New Horizons which was released on March 20. Since its official release, it had remain number one in Japan Video Game Rankings.
Animal Crossing: News Horizons has topped the charts again in the recent Japanese Video Game rankings. Website Famitsu released the following video games that topped Japan’s charts last week. The Number 1 spot was taken by Animal Crossing: New Horizons which was released on March 20. On its first week of release, it has sold around 1,880,626 copies in Japan alone. Total copies sold so far are now at 2,608,417!
Second Place and third place go to the new game go to One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 in which the Nintendo Switch version of the game sold 75,998 copies so far while the PlayStation 4 version sold 61,571 copies.
About Animal Crossing: New Horizons (as Described by Nintendo)
Escape to a deserted island and create your own paradise as you explore, create, and customize in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. Your island getaway has a wealth of natural resources that can be used to craft everything from tools to creature comforts. You can hunt down insects at the crack of dawn, decorate your paradise throughout the day, or enjoy sunset on the beach while fishing in the ocean. The time of day and season match real life, so each day on your island is a chance to check in and find new surprises all year round.
Show off your island utopia to family and friends—or pack your bags and visit theirs. Whether playing online* or with others beside you**, island living is even better when you can share it. Even without hopping on a flight, you’ll meet a cast of charming animal residents bursting with personality. Friendly faces like Tom Nook and Isabelle will lend their services and happily help you grow your budding community. Escape to your island getaway—however, whenever, and wherever you want.
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”