The long wait is finally over—Sunrise’s popular anime series Tiger & Bunny is finally having a Season 2. The announcement was made official on Friday on the franchise’s official Twitter account. There is still a little bit of wait as the anime is scheduled to premiere in 2022.
The anime will be titled as Tiger & Bunny 2 and it will have a new story set after the events of the anime film Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising-. The anime’s first season aired in 2011 and ran for 25 episodes. After the first anime, it had two movies titled Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Beginning in 2012 and Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising- in 2014. A tie-in manga was also released.
Fans of the anime are in for a treat as the original respective voices of Kotetsu and Barnaby Hiroaki Hirata and Masakazu Morita will return to voice again for season 2.
A live-action Hollywood film adaptation of the anime is in the works. Both Ron Howard and Brian Grazer of Imagine Entertainment are confirmed as producers. No further development in this project as been released so far the film’s studio Global Road filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September 2018.
About Tiger and Bunny
In Stern Bild City, those with special abilities are called "NEXT," and can use their powers for good or bad. A unique organized group of NEXT appear regularly on Hero TV, where they chase down evildoers to bring limelight to their sponsors and earn Hero Points in the hopes of becoming the next "King of Heroes."
Kotetsu T. Kaburagi, known as "Wild Tiger," is a veteran hero whose performance has been dwindling as of late, partially due to his inability to cooperate with other heroes. After a disappointing season in which most of the other heroes far outperformed Tiger, he is paired up with a brand new hero who identifies himself by his real name—Barnaby Brooks Jr.
Barnaby, nicknamed "Bunny" by his frivolous new partner, quickly makes it clear that the two could not be more different. Though they mix as well as oil and water, Tiger and Bunny must learn to work together, both for the sake of their careers and to face the looming threats within Stern Bild.
About Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Beginning
The first half of the movie retells the events of the first two episodes of the TV series with a few additional scenes. Following the events of the second episode, Kotetsu tries to arrange a get together for Barnaby to get along with the other heroes, which ultimately fails due to them considering themselves rivals on Hero TV. The heroes are soon called in to chase after a thief named Robin Baxter, who has stolen a statue that represents the importance of heroes. The heroes chase after him into an amusement park but find him near-impossible to catch due to his NEXT ability, leading to infighting among the heroes. As Robin heads towards the observation deck, where he could use his power to escape, Barnaby gets the idea that allows him to catch Robin. The next day, Barnaby learns that it was Kotetsu who helped convince the other heroes to let Barnaby go on his own as he trusted him.
After the crisis is over, Kotetsu is forced to treat the other heroes to another hangout as repayment for asking them to let Barnaby capture the criminal.
About Tiger & Bunny: The Rising
Some time after the events of the series, Kotetsu and Barnaby have become part of the Second League to train new heroes. However the Second League heroes are widely unsuccessful in their tasks, as Barnaby is the only one able to bring petty criminals to justice. As Kotetsu express his doubts of doing hero work while his Hundred Power is declining, the Second League is also in trouble as the ongoing losses are forcing Apollon Media to consider cutbacks. The cutbacks are averted with two blessings: Mark Schneider, a famous CEO capable of turning even the worst business around to making a profit, and foreign NEXT hero Golden Ryan. Schneider buys Apollon Media and promotes Barnaby back to First League with Ryan as his partner, then cancels the Second League and fires all the Second League heroes - including Kotetsu.
Meanwhile, the Justice Day Festival - celebrating Sternbild City's Goddess of Justice - is approaching. As Barnaby visits the orphanage to drop off toys and donations, one of the nuns tells the story with a picture book. The Goddess of Justice, unhappy with the greed of man, sent curses upon them to teach them a lesson. As the festival approaches, strange incidents begin occurring that mimic the goddess's curses from the legend, and three mysterious new NEXT appear.
Source: ANN (with synopsis from various sources)
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” AnimeJun 1, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- After Being Delayed by COVID-19, “No Guns No Life” 2nd Half Now Set for a July Premiere
- Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” Anime
- ‘Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma’ Season Five Anime Returns on July 3!
- Osamu Tezuka’s Anime Classics will be Available for Streaming in June
- Promo Video for Final Season of ‘Attack on Titan’ Anime Reveals New Staff of MAPPA
- Hooo…WHO?! ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Reigns and Still Number 1 in Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- Gotta Go Fast…Again!: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film is Getting a Sequel
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures