An announcement from the production committee of the upcoming Princess Principal sequel films has announced that the movie’s release date has been postponed due to COVID-19 concerns. The film, entitled Princess Principal: Crown Handler, would have opened on April 10 in Japan, but given the current government policies to curtail the spread of the disease, the production committee has decided to delay the film’s release indefinitely. They ended their announcement by promising that once things have normalized, they will immediately announce the new schedule as soon as it is finalized.
Princess Principal: Crown Handler is the first of six sequel films planned for the series.
The cast are:
· Aoi Koga as Ange
· Akira Sekine as Princess
· Yō Taichi as Dorothy
· Akari Kageyama as Beatrice
· Nozomi Furuki as Chise
Ange’s former voice actress, Ayaka Imamura, announced her retirement in June 2018 due to her worsening health.
The film is directed by Masaki Tachibana, who also directed the Princess Principal television series. Script writing as well as supervision is done by Noboru Kimura (Gundam Build Drivers), who replaced Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) who fulfilled the said role in the TV series. Music composition is done by Yuki Kajiura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), with Yoshikazu Iwanami as sound director. The film is still produced by Actas.
The film’s ending theme song “Nowhere Land” is sung by the five main cast members.
Sentai Filmworks holds the North American license for the series, and they describe it as such:
“At the end of the 19th century, London, the Kingdom of Albion has been split into East and West sides by a giant wall. Five girls attend Queen’s Mayfaire, a conventional and prestigious school. Under the guise of regular high school girls, they act as spies under cover. Disguise, reconnaissance, infiltration, car chases… Each girl uses their own set of special skills to dart around the world of shadow.”
Source: Anime News Network
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” AnimeJun 1, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- After Being Delayed by COVID-19, “No Guns No Life” 2nd Half Now Set for a July Premiere
- Freddie Mercury’s “The Great Pretender” Cover is Opening Theme Song for “The Great Pretender” Anime
- ‘Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma’ Season Five Anime Returns on July 3!
- Osamu Tezuka’s Anime Classics will be Available for Streaming in June
- Promo Video for Final Season of ‘Attack on Titan’ Anime Reveals New Staff of MAPPA
- Hooo…WHO?! ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Reigns and Still Number 1 in Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- Gotta Go Fast…Again!: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film is Getting a Sequel
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures