An announcement from the production committee of the upcoming Princess Principal sequel films has announced that the movie’s release date has been postponed due to COVID-19 concerns. The film, entitled Princess Principal: Crown Handler, would have opened on April 10 in Japan, but given the current government policies to curtail the spread of the disease, the production committee has decided to delay the film’s release indefinitely. They ended their announcement by promising that once things have normalized, they will immediately announce the new schedule as soon as it is finalized.
Princess Principal: Crown Handler is the first of six sequel films planned for the series.
The cast are:
· Aoi Koga as Ange
· Akira Sekine as Princess
· Yō Taichi as Dorothy
· Akari Kageyama as Beatrice
· Nozomi Furuki as Chise
Ange’s former voice actress, Ayaka Imamura, announced her retirement in June 2018 due to her worsening health.
The film is directed by Masaki Tachibana, who also directed the Princess Principal television series. Script writing as well as supervision is done by Noboru Kimura (Gundam Build Drivers), who replaced Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) who fulfilled the said role in the TV series. Music composition is done by Yuki Kajiura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), with Yoshikazu Iwanami as sound director. The film is still produced by Actas.
The film’s ending theme song “Nowhere Land” is sung by the five main cast members.
Sentai Filmworks holds the North American license for the series, and they describe it as such:
“At the end of the 19th century, London, the Kingdom of Albion has been split into East and West sides by a giant wall. Five girls attend Queen’s Mayfaire, a conventional and prestigious school. Under the guise of regular high school girls, they act as spies under cover. Disguise, reconnaissance, infiltration, car chases… Each girl uses their own set of special skills to dart around the world of shadow.”
Source: Anime News Network
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”