The second season of the new iteration of beloved shoujo anime Fruits Basket has just announced the artists who will be performing the theme songs of the upcoming second season. The series’ new opening theme song, “Prism”, will be performed by masked singing unit AmPM, featuring solo singer Miyuna. This will be AmPm’s first anime theme song.
On the other hand, the ending theme song entitled “ad meliora” will be performed by singer-songwriter and former Hemenway guitarist THE CHARM PARK. In an interview, he says he lived in Los Angeles when he was in high school and remembers watching the “unforgettable” Fruits Basket series back then.
Episode 1 stills have also been released on the series’ website.
Fruits Basket season 2 is set for an April 6 release in Japan, with Funimation streaming the series as it airs there. The new season’s first three episodes will also be screened in select US theaters on March 30 & 31. The first date is dedicated to an English-dubbed screening. The latter date, on the other hand, will be showcasing the episodes in Japanese dub with English subtitles.
Funimation has released a list of cinemas where the screenings will be held. You can find the list here.
It will be remembered that in March 2019, Funimation also held theatrical US screenings for the first 2 episodes of Fruits Basket season 1.
The second season will feature a returning cast. Two new characters have been previously announced: Takuya Eguchi (Takeo Gouda in My Love Story!) will be playing Kakeru Manabe, who will serve as the student council vice-president (minor spoilers ahead) during Yuki’s term as president. Ai Kakuma (Isuzu Sento from Amagi Brilliant Park) will be playing Machi Kuragi, Kakeru’s half-sibling and the student council treasurer. For the English dub, Aaron Dismuke will be voicing Kakeru while Caitlin Glass will be Machi.
The first season of Fruits Basket 2019 aired in Japan on April 5, 2019. Funimation has gained the exclusive rights to stream the series and release it on home video.
The Furuba reboot is produced by TMS Entertainment under the direction of Yoshihide Ibata. The script is penned by Taku Kishimoto, and character designs are done by Masaru Shindo. Series creator Natsuki Takaya is executive supervisor.
Serialized from 1998 to 2006 in Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume magazine, Fruits Basket follows the story of sweet orphan girl Tohru Honda who ends up living with the members of the Soma clan. She is sworn to secrecy when she finds out that the Somas are cursed to turn into zodiac animals when they are hugged by someone of the opposite sex. The first anime adaptation of the series was produced by Studio Deen and aired in 2001.
Source: Anime News Network
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Nov 18, 3am
New TV Commercial, January 10 Premiere Revealed for Skating-Themed Anime “Skate-Leading Stars”Nov 16, 6am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”Nov 19, 3am
New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”Nov 18, 2am
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2
- “act-age” Author Tatsuya Matsuki Admits to Sexual Assault Charges in 1st Day at Court
- “Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”
- 9 New Cast Members, New Visual Revealed for “Horimiya” Anime
- Theme Song Artist Revealed for “Cells at Work! Code Black” TV Anime Series
- Romcom Manga “Horimiya” Gets Live-Action Film and TV Series
- Hololive EN Vtuber Takanashi Kiara Announces Release of 1st Single, “HINOTORI”
- New Promo Video, Visual Revealed for Upcoming Romantic Drama Film “Josee, the Tiger, and the Fish”
- Second Eldest Quint Nino Gets the Spotlight in New Promo Video for “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2
- New Visual, Final English-Subtitled Trailer Revealed for Netflix Live-Action Adaptation of “Alice in Borderland”
- January 9 Premiere Date Set for TV Anime Adaptation of Romcom Manga “Horimiya”