The second season may have been delayed but at least we’re gonna get Subaru and the gang in our smartphones soon! The official Twitter account of the Re:ZERO Starting Life in a New World – (Re:ZERO – Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu -) franchise has just announced that the series is getting a smartphone game set for a launch this year. A website and Twitter account has already been launched by Sega.
The game is free-to-play, with the option to buy in-game items. WHITE FOX is announced to be producing the opening animation of the game, with Kenichi Kawamura in charge of storyboarding and directing the animation. Kawamura worked as storyboard artist of Re:ZERO’s first season. The game project is supervised by Tappei Nagatsuki, the light novel’s author himself. It will be available for iOS and Android users.
Players will be playing as Subaru in the game and will follow the events in the anime. There is also an option to make a different choice “at that time”, thus leading to a different storyline. The game will also feature a new original story.
Re:ZERO’s second season was initially slated for an April premiere but has since been moved to July to the COVID-19. An edited first season—dubbed Re:ZERO -Starting Life in a New World – Director’s Cut— premiered on January 1. Edits to the 25-episode season 1 include additional footage and a reworking of the episodes to make it fit into a one-hour timeslot.
Starting Life in A New World is a light novel series written by Tappei Nagatsuki and illustrated by Shinichirou Otsuka. The story revolves around hikikomori (i.e., social recluse) Subaru Natsuki, who suddenly finds himself transported into another world during a trip to the nearest convenience store. Once there, he realizes that he gets “resurrected” each time he dies. An anime adaptation of the series by White Fox aired from April to September 2016, which eventually became hugely popular to fans because of its interesting characters and unique take on the isekai premise.
Source: Anime News Network
New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”Jun 29, 7am
After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 ReleaseJul 1, 5am
Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ TitleJul 2, 5am
Netflix’s Live-Action Adaptation of “Cowboy Bebop” Gets Green Light to Film Again in New ZealandJul 6, 5am
- Bushiroad’s “D4DJ Groovy Mix” Rhythm Game Gets Global Release
- Netflix’s Live-Action Adaptation of “Cowboy Bebop” Gets Green Light to Film Again in New Zealand
- Promo Video, Key Visual, New Cast Members Revealed for “Cells at Work” Anime Film
- The Latest Summer Update Patch for ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ is Now Available!
- Ghibli Museum to Slowly Reopen to the Public in September
- ‘Dr. Stone’ Season 2 to Air in January 2021, New Trailer Teases ‘Stone Wars’ Arc
- New Trailer Featuring 2nd Half of ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 Released!
- Seven Seas Announces Licenses to New Manga and Light Novel Series Titles!
- More Anime Nostalgia Incoming as RetroCrush Adds 10 Anime Titles to Growing Library
- New Promo Video Teases Return of “The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED”
- Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ Title
- New Teaser Clip Released for Netflix’s Live-Action “JU-ON: Origins”
- After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 Release
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song for Live-Action “Yowamushi Pedal” Film
- Release of “Tokyo Revengers” Live-Action Film Delayed Due to COVID-19
- New Trailer for Boys-Love Film “Restart wa Tadaima no Ato de” Previews Intimate Scenes
- New “Monster Girl Doctor” Promo Videos Preview Opening Theme Song
- Second Promo Video for Original Anime “The Great Pretender” Released