Good news to BanG Dream! fans! Bushiroad has just announced that a new anime film for the band franchise is already in the works. The announcement was made by way of a teaser visual released this Monday. The second anime film is tentatively entitled as BanG Dream! Film Live 2nd Stage. Check out the teaser visual below!
The movie premiered last September 2019 and earned more than 300 million yen (about USD 2.75 million) in just a month since its release. The film is animated by Sanzigen, the same studio that animated previous seasons of BanG! Dream. Bushiroad handled the distribution of the film.
BanG! Dream! is a multimedia franchise formed by Bushiroad in January 2015. The franchise is composed of releases in the form of manga, music CDs, live concerts, card games, a smartphone game named BanG! Dream Girls’ Band Party! developed by Craft Egg, and a TV anime series. The anime series has ran for two seasons so far; the first aired from January to April 2017, while the second ran from January to March 2019. A third season aired recently this January.
Sentai Filmworks, which holds the English-language license for the anime, describes the first season as thus:
”When she was a child, Kasumi Toyama felt a heart-pounding thrill every time she gazed at the stars, and she’s been looking without success for something that could inspire the same feeling ever since. One day, she comes across a star-shaped guitar in a rundown pawnshop and, for the first time, discovers the thrill she’s been searching for. Kasumi becomes determined to form an all-girl band, and her search leads her to four like-minded souls: Saya, Arisa, Rimi, and Tae (all brought to life by the members of Poppin’ Party). Does this band have what it takes to make their dreams of stardom come true?”
Source: Anime News Network
Now You Can Watch ‘My Hero Academia’ for FREE! Mar 27, 5amWhile all of us are still in our homes staying safe from the Coronavirus pandemic, we are giving you this good news. As of this month, the fourth season of My Hero Academia is still ongoing in Japan. For those who are stuck at home and want to rewatch or catch-up on the anime, you can…FOR FREE.
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series
- Extended Trailer Released for Crunchyroll-Produced Anime Adaptation of “Tower of God” Manhwa
- Classic Satoshi Kon Film “Tokyo Godfathers” Gets Blu-ray Release
- Season 2 Confirmed for “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- Theme Song Artists, Episode 1 Stills Revealed for “Fruits Basket” Season 2
- Crunchyroll to Stream ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 to its Anime Spring Lineup
- New ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Trailer Features ‘The Isle of Armor Expansion’