New English Dub Revealed for Classic Film “Tokyo Godfathers”, 4K Restored-Version Set to Screen in US
American distributor GKIDS has recently revealed an all-new English dub for the Satoshi Kon classic Tokyo Godfathers. Check out the trailer here!
The English dub cast are:
· Jon Avner as Gin
· Victoria Grace as Miyuki
· Shakina Nayfack as Hana
· Kate Bornstein as Mother
· Crispin Freeman as Miyuki’s Father
· David Manis as Old Man
· Jamieson Price as Oota
· Kirk Thornton as Yasuo
GKIDS and Fathom Events will be holding special screenings of the film in 4K resolution in different theaters in the United States. The film will be screened with English subtitles on March 9, while the new English dub will be screened on March 11. Both screenings will be held at 19:00 local time.
GKIDS describes the film’s story as such:
“In modern-day Tokyo, three homeless people’s lives are changed forever when they discover a baby girl at a garbage dump on Christmas Eve. As the New Year fast approaches, these three forgotten members of society band together to solve the mystery of the abandoned child and the fate of her parents. Along the way, encounters with seemingly unrelated events and people force them to confront their own haunted pasts, as they learn to face their future, together.”
Tokyo Godfathers premiered in Japan in 2003, with Columbia Tristar distributing the film in US theaters that same year. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the film on DVD in 2004. It is directed by famed director Satoshi Kon, known for his other works like Perfect Blue (1997) and Paprika (2006). Tokyo Godfathers was loosely based on the novel Three Godfathers written by Peter B. Kyne. Kon also wrote the script for the film, along with Keiko Nobumoto. Nobumoto is most known as the head scriptwriter of Cowboy Bebop.
The film won the Excellence Prize at the 2003 Japan Media Arts Festival.
Source: Anime News Network
- “Domestic Girlfriend” Manga Set to End with Volume 28
- New Celebratory Visual Released for 5th Anniversary of “Sound! Euphonium” Series
- Season 3 of “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Delayed
- Premiere of Second Half of “No Guns Life” Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”