It was reported today that Inferno Cop voice actor Junichi Goto has passed away yesterday, February 24, after figuring in a motorcycle accident. He was 40 years old.
The accident happened in the Shuto Metropolitan Expressway’s Haneda Route in Tokyo’s Ota Ward at around 9:00 AM. According to Expressway officers’ reports, an eyewitness called the emergency hotline to report that a motorcycle struck the side wall on a straight, two-lane section of the Haneda Route. The incident was a single-vehicle accident, meaning Goto’s motorcycle hit the wall without interference from other vehicles.
The voice actor was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival. Goto sustained severe head injuries.
He is best known as the voice actor for the titular character Inferno Cop, which aired from December 2012 to March 2013. The anime is a net animation series aired on Youtube and produced by Studio Trigger and CoMix Wave. Anime News Network describes the series’ story as such:
“In the crime-infested Jack Knife Edge Town, Inferno Cop is a brutal police officer who stands up against the powerful Southern Cross organization. He must go on an insane adventure plotted by the evil group to eliminate him and allow them to conquer the world.”
Goto was born in Osaka and lived in the Nakachou district in Tokyo’s Meguro Ward.
Besides Inferno Cop, Goto has lent his voice to other Studio Trigger productions such as minor roles in Ninja Slayer From Animation (as Daigo) and SSSS.Gridman, He also reprised his role as Inferno Cop in a guest role in Space Patrol Luluco, another Trigger production. Outside Trigger works, he voiced minor roles in Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor (as Shigi Taishiji), Moyashimon, Ramen Fighter Miki, Hacka Doll the Animation, Antique Bakery, Tegami Bachi: Reverse, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and Lupin III: Seven Days Rhapsody.
Source: Anime News Network
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series