Website Famitsu released the following video games that topped Japan’s charts last week. The Number 1 spot was taken by Cygames’ Granblue Fantasy: Versus which was released on February 6. On its first week of release, it has sold around 86,248 copies in Japan alone.
Second place in rank is Nintendo’s hit game Ring Fit Adventure which had weekly sales of 23,149. Third place goes to Pokemon Sword/Shield with weekly sales of 23,114 copies. Fourth in rank is Yakuza: Like a Dragon with weekly sales of 10,589 copies.
Granblue Fantasy has soared into the hearts of millions since its release as a browser game for smartphones in 2014, and will celebrate its sixth birthday in March 2020. Featuring Cygames’ high-quality art, captivating sound design, and an ever-expanding game system, Granblue Fantasy has continued to charm its fans throughout the years.
Now Cygames has partnered with Arc System Works, known for popular fighting franchises such as GUILTY GEAR and BlazBlue, to bring Granblue Fantasy to the world of fighting games, complete with top-notch game design and one-of-a-kind 3D graphics. Granblue Fantasy: Versus will be released for the PlayStation®4 on February 6, 2020.
About Ring Fit Adventure (as described by Nintendo):
In Ring Fit Adventure, battle enemies and explore numerous colorful worlds using real-world movements on your quest to take down a giant, egotistical dragon.
About Pokemon Sword and Shield (as described by Nintendo):
A new generation of Pokémon is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system. Begin your adventure as a Pokémon Trainer by choosing one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble. Then embark on a journey in the new Galar region, where you’ll challenge the troublemakers of Team Yell, while unraveling the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta!
About Yazuka: Like a Dragon (as described by Playstation):
Yakuza: Like a Dragon introduces a new main protagonist for the first time since the series’ inception over a decade ago — Ichiban Kasuga, a low-level yakuza member looking to prove his self-worth, and follows him and his motley crew of unlikely allies as they attempt to rise from rags to riches in this modern human drama.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is much more than just a new chapter in the Yakuza series. Much like the new English title itself, Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a complete reimagining of the franchise, a landmark to coincide with the series’ 15th anniversary. With the bulk of the game taking place in the large-scale, painstakingly-realized setting of Ijincho in Yokohama, players will explore an entirely new side of Japan never-before-seen in the series. Not only that, but Yakuza: Like a Dragon’s combat system has undergone a major overhaul, combining Yakuza’s established brawling action with a turn-based RPG battle system.
Below reveals the complete rankings and some sale details:
|Rank||System||Title||Weekly Copies||Total Copies|
|1||PS4||Granblue Fantasy: Versus||86,248||86,248|
|2||NSw||Ring Fit Adventure||23,149||675,906|
|3||NSw||Pokémon Sword & Shield||23,114||3,402,851|
|4||PS4||Yakuza: Like a Dragon||10,589||228,459|
|5||NSw||Tōhoku Daigaku Reika Igaku Kenkyūjo Kawashima Ryūta Kyōji Kanshū Nō o Kitaeru Otona no Nintendo Switch Training||9,650||142,181|
|6||NSw||Super Smash Brothers Ultimate||9,336||3,552,657|
|8||NSw||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe||8,911||2,765,403|
|9||PS4||Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot||7,860||136,932|
|10||NSw||Super Mario Party||6,132||1,336,277|
|12||NSw||The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild||4,723||1,516,472|
|13||NSw||Luigi’s Mansion 3||4,575||594,697|
|14||NSw||Super Mario Maker 2||3,854||851,758|
|15||NSw||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020||3,582||268,217|
|16||NSw||Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version||3,564||389,530|
|17||NSw||New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe||3,089||777,812|
|18||NSw||Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age||2,559||485,392|
|19||PS4||Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV||2,496||31,868|
|20||PS4||13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim||2,160||65,575|
Now You Can Watch ‘My Hero Academia’ for FREE! Mar 27, 5amWhile all of us are still in our homes staying safe from the Coronavirus pandemic, we are giving you this good news. As of this month, the fourth season of My Hero Academia is still ongoing in Japan. For those who are stuck at home and want to rewatch or catch-up on the anime, you can…FOR FREE.
Free Comic Book Day 2020 PostponedMar 20, 5pmSome sad news for those who are looking forward for this year’s Free Comic Book Day. It was announced on Thursday by Diamond Comic Distributors that the event will be postponed due to the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Specs of the PlayStation 5 have Been Revealed! Mar 19, 7pmAlthough the recent PlayStation 5 reveal event felt like a formal lecture in a typical college classroom, the important thing here is the specs for one of the highly anticipated gaming consoles have been released.
Re:ZERO Gets Smartphone Game This YearMar 24, 6amThe second season may have been delayed but at least we’re gonna get Subaru and the gang in our smartphones soon.
- Season 2 Confirmed for “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- Theme Song Artists, Episode 1 Stills Revealed for “Fruits Basket” Season 2
- Crunchyroll to Stream ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 to its Anime Spring Lineup
- New ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Trailer Features ‘The Isle of Armor Expansion’
- VIZ Releases ‘My Hero: Academia: Heroes Rising’ Manga Chapter in English!
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japan’s Recent Video Game Rankings!
- Now You Can Watch ‘My Hero Academia’ for FREE!
- Crunchyroll to Stream Second Season of Re:ZERO in July
- Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi” Previews Opening Theme Song
- “Tower of God” Releases Preview of Opening Theme Song Sung by KPop Boyband Stray Kids
- New “Intermission” Video and a Gorgeous New Visual Released for Upcoming “Violet Evergarden” Movie
- More Returning Cast Announced for Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films, ONE OK ROCK Returns to Sing Theme Song
- New Visuals, January 2021 Premiere Revealed for “Laid-Back Camp” Season 2
- Re:ZERO Gets Smartphone Game This Year
- 1st Promo Video & Key Visual Revealed for “Irregular at Magic High School” Season 2
- Promo Video for “Cells at Work!” Season 2 Reveals January 2021 Premiere, New Movie to Screen in September
- New Video Previews “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” Smartphone Game
- Promo Video for New “Higurashi: When They Cry” Anime Project Reveals July Premiere, Returning Staff & Cast