A new promotional video for the currently-running Drifting Dragons (Kuutei Dragons) series was released in the series’ official website. The 1 minute and 20 second promotional video teases the upcoming “Giraud Arc” of the story, which is set to start in the series’ 6th episode. The video, which you can watch here, shows the encounter between Giraud (voiced by Soma Saito) and Katja (played by Ayane Sakura).
The series premiered in Japan last January 8. The series is also being streamed online in Japan via Netflix, which started broadcasting the series on January 9.
Drifting Dragons is directed by Tadahiro Yoshihira (episode director for Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine), with Makoto Uezu (Akame ga KILL!) writing and overseeing the series scripts. Yoshikazu Iwanami (KONOSUBA – God’s Blessing on this wonderful world) is sound director. Polygon Pictures is producing the series.
The opening theme song “Gunjou” (Ultramarine) is performed by Yoh Kamihama. The ending theme song, “Zettai Reido” (Absolute Zero), is performed by four-member female rock band Akai Koen (Red Park).
Kodansha Comics has been releasing the manga digitally in English since 2017, and has released the fifth volume digitally last December. The first volume was just printed and released that month as well. Kodansha describes the manga’s story as such:
“The draking vessel Quin Zaza soars through the skies, hunting dragons that hide in the clouds. A single big catch means full coffers and all the meat they can eat, while failure means an empty wallet and an even emptier stomach. Join us as we log the crew’s grand adventures, chasing dreams of the sky, dragons, and gourmet cooking!”
Drifting Dragons is written by Taku Kuwabara and was launched in Kodansha’s Good! Afternoon magazine in 2016. The series’ seventh compiled volume was published last November. A serialized novel was also launched for Drifting Dragons in May 2019, with Kuwabara providing original illustrations for the novel.
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!