A new promotional video for the currently-running Drifting Dragons (Kuutei Dragons) series was released in the series’ official website. The 1 minute and 20 second promotional video teases the upcoming “Giraud Arc” of the story, which is set to start in the series’ 6th episode. The video, which you can watch here, shows the encounter between Giraud (voiced by Soma Saito) and Katja (played by Ayane Sakura).
The series premiered in Japan last January 8. The series is also being streamed online in Japan via Netflix, which started broadcasting the series on January 9.
Drifting Dragons is directed by Tadahiro Yoshihira (episode director for Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine), with Makoto Uezu (Akame ga KILL!) writing and overseeing the series scripts. Yoshikazu Iwanami (KONOSUBA – God’s Blessing on this wonderful world) is sound director. Polygon Pictures is producing the series.
The opening theme song “Gunjou” (Ultramarine) is performed by Yoh Kamihama. The ending theme song, “Zettai Reido” (Absolute Zero), is performed by four-member female rock band Akai Koen (Red Park).
Kodansha Comics has been releasing the manga digitally in English since 2017, and has released the fifth volume digitally last December. The first volume was just printed and released that month as well. Kodansha describes the manga’s story as such:
“The draking vessel Quin Zaza soars through the skies, hunting dragons that hide in the clouds. A single big catch means full coffers and all the meat they can eat, while failure means an empty wallet and an even emptier stomach. Join us as we log the crew’s grand adventures, chasing dreams of the sky, dragons, and gourmet cooking!”
Drifting Dragons is written by Taku Kuwabara and was launched in Kodansha’s Good! Afternoon magazine in 2016. The series’ seventh compiled volume was published last November. A serialized novel was also launched for Drifting Dragons in May 2019, with Kuwabara providing original illustrations for the novel.
Source: Anime News Network
- “Domestic Girlfriend” Manga Set to End with Volume 28
- New Celebratory Visual Released for 5th Anniversary of “Sound! Euphonium” Series
- Season 3 of “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Delayed
- Premiere of Second Half of “No Guns Life” Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”