This Monday the official website of the ongoing Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld series has announced that singer ReoNA will perform “ANIMA”, the anime’s second opening theme song. The song will be used in the series starting this April, as the anime is entering its “Last Season”. Besides the anime, ReoNA is also involved in the series’ official tie-up game entitled Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, as she is singing the game’s theme song “Scar/let”.
ReoNA is not new to the Sword Art Online franchise, as she has previously performed several insert songs to the SAO spinoff series Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online, where she is credited as “Kanzaki Elsa starring ReoNa”. She also performed the second ending theme song for Sword Art Online: Alicization entitled “forget-me-not”.
SAO Alicization premiered in Japan last October 12. The first half of the season has already adapted content from the light novel’s ninth volume “Alicization Beginning” up to the 18th volume, “Alicization Everlasting”. The first half aired a total of 24 episodes from October 2018 to March 2019. A week before the premiere of the second half, a special compilation episode entitled “Reflection” was aired.
Sword Art Online: Alicization is the anime adaptation of the 4th arc of Reki Kawahara’s series of light novels. The anime is set to air for four cours, or four quarters of a year. It still follows main protagonist Kirito as he participates in the experimental testing of a new FullDive machine called Soul Translator, which utilizes a completely different technology from the other machines that preceded it. When Kirito’s encounter with a former member of the Death Gun plot ends disastrously, he is smuggled to a secret base in the Pacific Ocean. There he is connected to a Soul Translator to treat his brain damage. With his physical body in a comatose, Kirito wakes up in the Underworld, the place he visits using the Soul Translator, though he retains no memory of his time there. There he meets a golden-haired boy named Eugeo and a girl named Alice, who both appear to mean so much to him yet he doesn’t remember them.
Source: Anime News Network
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series