It’s life imitating art this time for Carole & Tuesday’s singing voices Nai BR.XX and Celeina Ann, as the two were announced to be performing at the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas! The announcement, revealed in the event’s official website, details that the duo will be performing on March 17. This will be their first performance outside of Japan.
The SXSW Event will run from March 13-22.
It will be remembered that in the anime series—episode 16 to be exact—the characters Carole and Tuesday performed at a fictional SXSW event in Mars (where the story is set).
The anime premiered last July 10 in Japan via Fuji TV’s +Ultra programming block. The series also aired at the same time in Netflix Japan, with a new episode getting added every Thursday.
The third concert for Carole & Tuesday was streamed live worldwide last January 19.
The series, a collaboration between Watanabe and Studio Bones, is described as a musical anime and the first Japanese-dubbed anime to have full English songs sung by foreign singers, with the music teased as a “soundtrack that transcends international boundaries”. Canadian singer and composer Mocky is composing the music for renowned anime studio Flying Dog, who is in charge of music production.
In 2018 Studio Bones opened global auditions for the singing voices of main characters Carole and Tuesday, with singers Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann winning the auditions. The series’ voice actors, on the other hand, are all Japanese, with Carole and Tuesday being voiced by Miyuri Shimabukuro and Kana Ichinose, respectively.
The series is directed by Motonobu Hori, with Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop as supervising director. The script is penned by Aya Watanabe and Eisaku Kubonouchi as original character designer. Carole and Tuesday marks Studio Bones’ 20th anniversary and Flying Dog’s 10th year in the industry.
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!