It’s life imitating art this time for Carole & Tuesday’s singing voices Nai BR.XX and Celeina Ann, as the two were announced to be performing at the South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas! The announcement, revealed in the event’s official website, details that the duo will be performing on March 17. This will be their first performance outside of Japan.
The SXSW Event will run from March 13-22.
It will be remembered that in the anime series—episode 16 to be exact—the characters Carole and Tuesday performed at a fictional SXSW event in Mars (where the story is set).
The anime premiered last July 10 in Japan via Fuji TV’s +Ultra programming block. The series also aired at the same time in Netflix Japan, with a new episode getting added every Thursday.
The third concert for Carole & Tuesday was streamed live worldwide last January 19.
The series, a collaboration between Watanabe and Studio Bones, is described as a musical anime and the first Japanese-dubbed anime to have full English songs sung by foreign singers, with the music teased as a “soundtrack that transcends international boundaries”. Canadian singer and composer Mocky is composing the music for renowned anime studio Flying Dog, who is in charge of music production.
In 2018 Studio Bones opened global auditions for the singing voices of main characters Carole and Tuesday, with singers Nai Br.XX and Celeina Ann winning the auditions. The series’ voice actors, on the other hand, are all Japanese, with Carole and Tuesday being voiced by Miyuri Shimabukuro and Kana Ichinose, respectively.
The series is directed by Motonobu Hori, with Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop as supervising director. The script is penned by Aya Watanabe and Eisaku Kubonouchi as original character designer. Carole and Tuesday marks Studio Bones’ 20th anniversary and Flying Dog’s 10th year in the industry.
Source: Anime News Network
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series