The official website for upcoming original romance anime film Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop (Cider no You ni Kotoba ga Wakiagaru) has revealed more cast members for the film, along with official art for the characters. From left to right, they are:
· Koichi Yamadera as Fujiyama
· Megumi Han as Bieber
· Natsuki Hanae as Japan
· Yuichiro Umehara as Toughboy
· Megumi Nakajima as Julie
· Sumire Morohoshi as Marie
An earlier announcement has revealed the voice actors for the two lead characters. Kabuki actor and first-time voice actor Ichikawa Somegorou VIII will be voicing Cherry (pictured on right), while actress Hana Sugisaki (live-action Bleach) will voice Smile (left).
Anime News Network describes the movie’s story as such:
“The visual features the tagline, “I met you in my 17th summer …” The “boy-meets-girl” story depicts how words and music bridge the gap between Cherry, a boy who is terrible at communicating with other people, and Smile, a girl who hides behind a mask. They meet in a mundane suburban shopping mall in a provincial city.
Cherry always wears headphones and puts the feelings he cannot utter into his hobby, Japanese haiku poems. Smile always wears a mask to conceal her large front teeth, for which she has dental braces. As a popular video star, she streams a video about seeking “cuteness.””
The movie is part of the 10th year anniversary celebrations of Flying Dog, the animation and music subsidiary of Victor Entertainment. The original anime film is directed by Kyohei Ishiguro (Your Lie in April, Occultic;Nine) for Signal.MD and Sublimation studios. Screenplay is written by Dai Sato (Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Wolf’s Rain) and character design is done by Yukiko Aikei (Your Lie in April, Accel World). kensuke ushio (A Silent Voice, DEVILMAN crybaby) is composing the music.
Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop is set for a May 15 release in Japan.
Source: Anime News Network
- Netflix Finally Adds Last 41 Episodes of 1986 “Saint Seiya” Anime Series with New English Dub and Subs
- Additional Cast, Run Dates Revealed for “Fire Force” Stage Play
- Boys-Love Anime “given” Gets Stage Play Adaptation, Stage Actors to Actually Play Instruments On-Stage
- 100-second OP Movie Released for “Argonavis from BanG Dream!” TV Anime
- Theatrical Opening of “Violet Evergarden” Movie Postponed Due to COVID-19
- Japan’s King of Love Songs Returns to Sing Opening Theme Song of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” Season 2
- Mystery Man in Japan Naming Himself as ‘Inosuke’ Donated Masks and Alcohol to Nursing Home
- Yen Press Announces Delays of Both Manga and Novel Releases Until September
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japanese Video Game Rankings…AGAIN!
- Crunchyroll to Add ‘Princess Connect!’, ‘Dropkick on My Devil!! Dash’, and More to Streaming Library
- ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Anime is Finally Getting a Second Season!
- ‘Tokyo Mew Mew’ Manga is Getting A New Anime!
- Release of 1st of Six “Princess Principal” Sequel Films Delayed Due to COVID-19
- Season 5 Confirmed for “My Hero Academia”
- Funimation Adds “Kingdom” Season 3 to its Spring Season Lineup for US, Canada, UK, and Ireland
- Additional Cast, Staff, and September 11 Premier Revealed for “Umibe no Étranger” Boys-Love Film
- KONOSUBA Light Novel Series Set to End With 17th Volume to be Released this May
- New Promo Video Released for “Strike the Blood IV” OVA Series