Supernatural Boys-Love Manga “The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window” Gets Live-Action Film Adaptation
2020 is shaping up to be a good year for fujoshis all over, as another popular boys-love manga gets greenlit for a live-action film adaptation! Libre Publishing announced this Monday that Tomoko Yamashita’s supernatural boys-love manga The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window (Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru) is getting a live-action film. The announcement further states that the film is set to be released this year.
The main cast was also announced, with Masaki Okada (live-action Gintama, Space Brothers) playing exorcist Rihito Hiyakawa and Jun Shison (live-action anohana) cast as the shy clerk Kosuke Mikado. Check out the two in their first official visual together below:
The film will be directed by Yukihiro Morigaki, who is known for directing TV commercials for Nissin’s Cup Noodles brand, as well as for Cygames’ smartphone game Granblue Fantasy. Tomoko Aizawa will be writing the script.
Manga author Tomoko Yamashita reacted to the news on Twitter, expressing their surprise that their manga received a live-action film adaptation. Their tweet, translated to English, reads, “I am the one who is surprised the most in the world, but it will become a film.”
The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window was launched in March 2013 in Libre Publishing’s Magazine BExBOY. Seven tankobon volumes have been released so far, with over one million copies in circulation. Manga company SuBLime, which holds the series’ English-language license since 2015, describes the story as such:
“Shy bookstore clerk Kosuke Mikado has the ability to see ghosts and spirits, an ability he wishes he didn’t have, since what he sees usually terrifies him. Rihito Hiyakawa, an exorcist whose supernatural powers are as strong as his social graces are weak, doesn’t seem to fear anything, mortal or otherwise. When this odd couple gets together to solve the bizarre cases that come their way, their work methods may not be entirely safe for work!”
Source: Crunchyroll News
- ‘Kimetsu no Yaiba’ Manga has Conquered Japan’s Weekly Manga Top 19!
- English Dub Cast of ‘BEASTARS’ Anime Revealed!
- Tokyo Train Event of ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus
- The Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Games are Released on Xbox One!
- There will “Likely” Be a Shortage of Nintendo Switch in U.S. and Europe Due to COVID-19
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film Going Fast with Box Office Gross Now at $70 Million in Just 4 Days
- Funimation Streams English-Dubbed Trailer of “My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising” Anime Film
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 to be Helmed by New Director & Studio, Set for October Release
- US and Canada Gets Theatrical Screenings for Daisuke Igarashi’s “Children of the Sea” Anime Film
- Yosuke Eguchi Returns to Play Hajime Saito + Mackenyu Joins Cast of Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin “Final Chapter” Films
- Promo Video, Preview of OP Song, New Visual Revealed for “My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU” Season 3
- 2nd Promo Video Released for New Anime Project for Boys-Love Series “Sekaiichi Hatsukoi”
- New Visual, Release Date Revealed for Upcoming Film for Musical Boys-Love Anime “given”
- New Trailer Released for Live-Action Film Adaptation of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese”
- Promotional Video Released for Upcoming Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi”
- Sonic the Hedgehog Film’s USD 57 Million Opening Earnings Make it the Best Video Game Movie Debut Ever in US
- ‘Demon Slayer’ Volume 19 Manga is the 3rd Manga to Sell Over 1 Million Copies on its First Week
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Tops the U.S. Monthly Bookscan January List at #2!