Good news to US Violet Evergarden fans! Funimation has announced at the recently-concluded Ohayocon 2020 that they will be screening Violet Evergarden: Eternity and Auto Memories Doll (Violet Evergarden Gaiden: Eien to Jidou Shuki Ningyou) in select US theaters. No release date has been announced yet but Funimation stated that the screenings will be held in early 2020. The movie will be shown in Japanese audio with English subtitles.
According to Anime News Network, the side story “centers on Isabella, the heir to a noble house. She attends a school for well-groomed young women, under a “contract” with her father. To her, this beautiful place where white camelias bloom is nothing more than a prison. Having resigned all hope and expectations for her future, Isabella meets her new manners teacher, Violet Evergarden.”
You can watch the trailer for the film here.
Isabella York (the girl with the glasses) will be played by Minako Kotobuki (Nanami Touko in Bloom Into You). Taylor Bartlett, the young girl in the trailer, will be played by Aoi Yuki (Tsuyu Asui in My Hero Academia, credited as Aoi Yabusaki). Taylor is described as “a girl with no family who pays Violet a visit.”
The side-story is directed by Haruka Fujita (Sound! Euphonium), who also directed episodes for the anime series. The film was set to run for just two weeks in Japan starting on September 6, but the film’s success allowed it to enjoy four weeks’ worth of added screening dates.
First released as a light novel series written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase, Violet Evergarden won the grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Awards novel category in 2014. It was then published in 2015 by KyoAni’s publishing arm, KA Esuma Bunko, and was then subsequently adapted into a 13-episode anime series by the same studio. The anime series premiered on January 2018 in Japan and in other countries as well via Netflix. The story revolves around Violet Evergarden, a robot who was once used as a soldier in a recently-ended war. She tries to reintegrate into society by becoming an Auto Memory Doll, or robots hired by people to write for them. The series follows her in learning how to become an Auto Memory Doll, understanding the feelings of people and the world around her, and trying to comprehend her former major’s dying words to her: “I love you”.
Source: Anime News Network
Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School” May 28, 6am
Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & StaffMay 26, 6am
English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” PreviewedMay 26, 6am
- ‘Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma’ Season Five Anime Returns on July 3!
- Osamu Tezuka’s Anime Classics will be Available for Streaming in June
- Promo Video for Final Season of ‘Attack on Titan’ Anime Reveals New Staff of MAPPA
- Hooo…WHO?! ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Reigns and Still Number 1 in Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- Gotta Go Fast…Again!: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Film is Getting a Sequel
- “Fire Force” Season 2 Ending Theme Song to be Sung by Rock Band Cider Girl
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Gets Smartphone Puzzle Game This Year
- Character Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Yongje Park Manhwa “The God of High School”
- Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films Delayed to Spring 2021 Due to COVID-19
- Smartphone Game Announced for “Saga of Tanya the Evil”
- Kyoto Animation Arson Suspect Finally Arrested After 10 Months of Treatment
- Non Non Biyori Season 3 Reveals 1st Key Visual, January 2021 Premiere, Official Title, Returning Cast & Staff
- Re:ZERO Smartphone Game Reveals Title and Summer 2020 Release in New Teaser Video
- “Jujutsu Kaisen” TV Anime Adaptation Reveals First Key Visual
- English-Subbed Trailer Released for Fire Force Season 2, Opening Theme Song “SPARK-AGAIN” Previewed
- US Customs Seized a Massive 86,000 of ‘Pokemon’ Bootleg Figures
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Remains Supreme at #1 in Recent Video Game Rankings
- Funimation is Streaming the ‘One Piece Stampede’ Film for 60 Days