Can you imagine our favorite young detective Edogawa Conan in our world solving cases? On Monday, an ad was released by Universal Studios Japan featuring its “Cool Japan” attraction. The latest ad that was uploaded features Detective Conan interacting with real people who are entering the Detective Conan attraction. The video also features characters from Lupin III as it also highlighted its live street entertainment show. Attractions under Universal Cool Japan will run from January 21 until June 28 of this year.
“Detective Conan World” is a set of four attractions in Universal Studios Japan based on the popular Detective Conan franchise created by Gosho Aoyama. The following rides are as follows: "Detective Conan x Hollywood Dream the Ride” which features a new story, the escape room game “Detective Conan The Escape” featuring “that person,” the park-wide mystery “Detective Conan Mystery Challenge,” and “Detective Conan Mystery Restaurant” which will give you a murder mystery dining experience.
The Detective Conan series centers the many detective adventures of Shinichi Kudo alias Conan Edogawa whose body got shrunk after being taken a drug by criminals.
Another ad was also released by Universal Studios Japan which highlights the “Attack on Titan XR Ride”. If you’re a person who doesn’t love the outdoor roller coasters, then this one you may consider as it is indoor and it is guaranteed to give you the feel of swooping to the sky with your 3D maneuver gear.
You will be joined by the Survey Corps as you engage into battle against naked-eating giants. The thrill of slaying titans may finally be coming true yes? Those who will be trying out this ride will be wearing a VR headset to add a more realistic titan-slaying experience. For those who are curious about where this attraction will be located, it is where the Final Fantasy coaster used to be back in 2018.
The Attack on Titan manga is created by Hajime Isayama and was first released on September 9, 2009, in the Bessatsu Shonen Magazine (which is owned by popular manga publisher Kodansha). The series has released 29 compiled volumes so far as of August 2019 and the franchise is well-received by fans not only in Japan but around the world. The popularity of the manga has also got it to garner several awards including Harvey Award, Micheluzzi Awards, and the Kodansha Manga Award.
The manga series’ massive popularity has paved the way for an anime adaptation. The Attack on Titan anime first premiered in Japan on April 7, 2013, with 59 episodes so far (covering 4 seasons) and 8 OVAs. The anime adaptation is still ongoing.
The story is centered on Eren Yeagar who lives with his foster sister Mikasa Ackerman and his best friend Armin Arlert in a town called Shiganshina, which his adjacent to Wall Maria. The huge wall that is covering the whole town is a way of protection from the Titans, giant creatures that eat humans in their sight. Titan attacks are an inevitable thing on the island, there are various troops or legions that are tasked to protect the citizens from the Titans. With a special maneuver gear, they can hook on walls and use to travel or cling to one part of a Titan and attack them.
Going back to our main characters. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin’s lives weren’t the same when their town was suddenly attacked by Titans and even witnessed some people being devoured. Eren then decided to become part of the Survey Corps when he got older so that he could avenge the death of his mother who got killed on the Titan attack. This continuing thirst for revenge has also fueled Eren to become the best in the Survey Corps and kill every last Titan that stands in his way.
The story progresses of Eren finding a little bit of his past, about his missing father, and finding out about the Titans. Later on, he then finds out that he becomes a Titan himself.
Aside from the two mentioned attractions, Universal Cool Japan will also have Monster Hunter World: Iceborne attraction. You will be taken to a different kind of VR fantasy experience exploring the environment and encountering the game’s vicious monsters in a VR monster hunt. This attraction was developed as a celebration to Monster Hunter World’s newest expansion Iceborne.
The Monster Hunter franchise began in 2004 and as of February 2018, more than 46 million copies of the games were sold from its first game until the recent.
Monster Hunter: World officially released worldwide on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 26. In its first three days, around 5 million copies have been shipped worldwide which officially set a new record for the franchise.
Monter Hunter: World is officially one of the most successful video games in the franchise as the quarter financial report of CAPCOM released in February 2019 revealed that the game has sold more than 11 million copies worldwide. The tally includes the sales from the PlayStation 4 (both Physical and Digital), Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
There’s something to look forward to in Japan this year. We hope that you get to enjoy these four awesome attractions with family and friends!
New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”Jun 29, 7am
Upcoming ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Update Allows Swimming and Collecting Sea CrittersJun 26, 12pm
After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 ReleaseJul 1, 5am
Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ TitleJul 2, 5am
- The Latest Summer Update Patch for ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ is Now Available!
- Ghibli Museum to Slowly Reopen to the Public in September
- ‘Dr. Stone’ Season 2 to Air in January 2021, New Trailer Teases ‘Stone Wars’ Arc
- New Trailer Featuring 2nd Half of ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 Released!
- Seven Seas Announces Licenses to New Manga and Light Novel Series Titles!
- More Anime Nostalgia Incoming as RetroCrush Adds 10 Anime Titles to Growing Library
- New Promo Video Teases Return of “The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED”
- Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ Title
- New Teaser Clip Released for Netflix’s Live-Action “JU-ON: Origins”
- After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 Release
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song for Live-Action “Yowamushi Pedal” Film
- Release of “Tokyo Revengers” Live-Action Film Delayed Due to COVID-19
- New Trailer for Boys-Love Film “Restart wa Tadaima no Ato de” Previews Intimate Scenes
- New “Monster Girl Doctor” Promo Videos Preview Opening Theme Song
- Second Promo Video for Original Anime “The Great Pretender” Released
- New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”
- New Episode of ‘Boruto’ Anime to Premiere on July 5
- ‘The Last of Us 2’ is the fast-selling Sony PS4 Game to Date, 4 Million Copies Sold